Sponsored

Wheel Locks (5) come with the 2018 JL/JLU from Factory?

Wheel Locks were on all 5 wheels of my JLU when I picked it up

• Total voters

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
  • Banned
Well, I have been to 3 Jeep dealerships in the last 1.5 weeks. 2 dealerships in NY and 1 in NJ. Saw 9 new 2018 JLU altogether and they all had just got off the carrier truck. ALL 9 JLU's had Mopar Wheel Locks on all 5 wheels?

Is this a fluke or are new JL/JLU's leaving the factory with 5 Mopar Wheel Locks installed?

By the way, Personally,I did not like the look of the Mopar wheel locks. They stick out to much... stick out like like a sore thumb compared to the regular JL lug nuts.

Thanks in advance for letting me know if you received 5 wheel locks with your new JLU.
Sponsored

Last edited:

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Well, I have been to 3 Jeep dealerships in the last 1.5 weeks. 2 dealerships in NY and 1 in NJ. Saw 9 new 2018 JLU altogether and they all had just got off the carrier truck. ALL 9 JLU's had Mopar Wheel Locks on all 5 wheels?

Is this a fluke or are new JL/JLU's leaving the factory with 5 Mopar Wheel Locks installed?

By the way, Personally,I did not like the look of the Mopar wheel locks. They stick out to much... stick out like like a sore thumb compared to the regular JL lug nuts.

Thanks in advance for letting me know if you received 5 wheel locks with your new JLU.
Kind of annoyed I had to buy my own wheel locks but it is what it is.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
When I inquired on why my Jeep had 2 wheel lock keys. 1 key for the 4 wheels and a separate for the spare the salesman told me Jeep ships them with 1 on the spare from the factory then the dealer added the others on delivery. My vehicle was built on 1/18 and I took delivery from dealer stock on 2/13.

bodam

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I just ordered wheel locks, mine did not come with them.

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
Just test drove one in Detroit area. The original lug nuts were in the console and the dealer-provided locks were on the wheels.

Sponsored

Daytona125

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Truck driver
My dealer just tried to charge me 200$ can. for my locking lug nuts. Yah RIGHT!!!

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
Mine came with all five locks one key and five spare lug nuts in the mopsr packaging in the glovebox. It included the warranty card and I ordered a spare key for $15. The dealer must have installed, nice.

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
I 'voted' yes but I don't think it is from Jeep. I notice them on mine at pick-up and mentioned it to the sales person. He said they, the dealership, put them on to prevent theft on their lot and should have taken them off. I told him to just ignore it and he let me leave with them on.
Sponsored