Sponsored

Wheel locks 2018 Wrangler JL

Kickgas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have a recommendation for a good quality wheel lock that doesn’t protrude out further than stock lug nuts?
Sponsored

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Anyone have a recommendation for a good quality wheel lock that doesn’t protrude out further than stock lug nuts?
I believe the lock needs to protrude out a little so the key has room to fit over the lug, otherwise key would hit rim.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Kickgas

While a single locking lug nut is a deterrent of sorts and will merely slow a seasoned thief down..... but a locking splined, lug nut system slows the slugs down even more.

Here is an offering a bunch of guys on the forum have gone with... Note, they do not stand out like a giant sore thumb, like the fugly Mopar locking lug does..

Can be had in chrome or black chrome. These do not protrude out anymore then stock lugs.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-securing-their-spare-tire.15511/#post-377729

View attachment 110567

blacklug-wheel.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I believe the lock needs to protrude out a little so the key has room to fit over the lug, otherwise key would hit rim.
Yep . I also have the mopars , which are fine . But I am thinking that an extra big brush full of white lithium grease or axle grease on the tops of the locks would slow them down by getting grease all over their hands or gloves .

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
As @Rhinebeck01 advised these work great and it’s what I use.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Kickgas

Kickgas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the recommendation. They are on the way!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hand torque them .
I never use an impact gun or allow other's to use impact guns on my lugs.

IF, I go to a tire shop for work, I work it out with them. Yes, they could charge me more, I guess but over the years, they have never charged me if they did not use an impact gun.

I always have service writer come out and look over my vehicle, it's wheels and lugs, so he/she knows there is no existing damage. I politely put them on notice that I expect that I get back the vehicle damage free.

I DO, always, politely and in a friendly way, talk to the tech, throw the guy a $20 tip, just prior to his working on my vehicle.

I mention to him no impact gun and "I'm concerned about damage", and well.... well, the tip gets him in my corner so to speak, in not using the impact gun, and being careful not to marr my goods.

Fortunately, most guys at those places, appreciate a guy that cares about his vehicle.

Hint: Always bring your vehicle to the shop clean, inside and out. I firmly believe the tech will more often then not, treat your vehicle differently if it is clean and the tech gets the feeling that you are lets say anal about your vehicle. For sure if he screws something up and dirties it, it will be real obvious on a clean vehicle.

I also snap a few pics of my wheels and the vehicle right then and there. Should damage of any kind occur, I have pics to show no damage prior to their working on the vehicle.

OP
OP
Kickgas

Kickgas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They look great thanks for the recommendation!

9B255960-D5AF-499F-87A2-F2E0A8D9D3C3.jpeg
Sponsored