First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Not alot of posts on this so I thought I'd open one for more. What's your input on the PC not banks just PC.

Thanks
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Not alot of posts on this so I thought I'd open one for more. What's your input on the PC not banks just PC.

Thanks
It's not really turbo lag that you're feeling, because our turbos are pretty small and spool up quickly, but the programmed delay between throttle pedal imput and throttle body reaction.

I added the EVC iDrive throttle controller to my 2.0 JLUR a couple years back. It completely removed the delayed throttle response, and also allows multiple sensitivity levels.

It's one of my favorite additions, as it vastly improved one of the direct connections between me and the Jeep. I like increasing the sensitivity on road, which essentially shortens the distance that the pedal needs to be pressed between idle and wide open throttle. When offroad, I like to desensitize it beyond stock, that way my bouncing around doesn't translate to haphazard throttle hits and a herky jerky ride.

Pic taken from my point of view while driving...

Jeep Wrangler JL Whats your thoighs on Power Commander for lag 20210107_130018

OP
OP
XX4XEXX

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Thanks. I'm more interested in the PC. I called it lag as it's not trubo lag, thanks though.

It's not really turbo lag that you're feeling, because our turbos are pretty small and spool up quickly, but the programmed delay between throttle pedal imput and throttle body reaction.

I added the EVC iDrive throttle controller to my 2.0 JLUR a couple years back. It completely removed the delayed throttle response, and also allows multiple sensitivity levels.

It's one of my favorite additions, as it vastly improved one of the direct connections between me and the Jeep. I like increasing the sensitivity on road, which essentially shortens the distance that the pedal needs to be pressed between idle and wide open throttle. When offroad, I like to desensitize it beyond stock, that way my bouncing around doesn't translate to haphazard throttle hits and a herky jerky ride.

Pic taken from my point of view while driving...

Jeep Wrangler JL Whats your thoighs on Power Commander for lag 20210107_130018

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I'm more interested in the PC. I called it lag as it's not trubo lag, thanks though.
I've read good reviews from other members about the power commander throttle controller. Same with the Hike It 9 controller. The only real difference between the brands is how many sensitivity adjustment levels they have.

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So I have a PC that I've had for years. It was on my 2.0T until about a month ago. I got a weird "Service Throttle Control" something or other error. That occurred twice. I couldn't believe it was the PC. I had the PC on there for about 4 months with no issues. I was out of warranty and had to pay a diagnostic fee to make sure nothing else's was wrong. They said I needed a new pedal unit, that it must be bad as the computer was fine. I buy the part and don't install it, but also don't reinstall the PC. No issues and no errors since. I returned the pedal unit and still haven't put the pc back in, but I am going to try I think. Maybe there is an update to it or something. I've had it for a few years and had no issues with it on my V6 Pentastars.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
I suspect the “delay” we feel is built in to eliminate jerkiness wen bouncing around off road (a sensitive throttle being much more susceptible to inadvertent movement of your foot). If the unit you get is adjustable to quicken response on road while giving the ability to lessen if off road you should be ok.
Sponsored