Sponsored

Whats your overall take on Tennessee? Recon mission lines up with Jeep Invasion.

OP
OP
Headbarcode

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Not that I disagree with anything that has been said before me, I live in Knoxville. I'm a solid 30 minutes from Windrock Park (73,000 acres with over 300 miles of trails, worth checking out while you're down here) that I try to hit on Sundays with a few friends. Knoxville has a couple of good off-road shops if you aren't into wrenching yourself. Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge is 35-45 minutes away depending on which way you go, and the time of year. Knoxville has UT hospital, Children's Hospital as well a few smaller hospitals. Nashville has Vanderbilt, and Chattanooga has Erlanger. I don't think you'll go wrong as long as you stay east of Nashville.

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the airports are big enough to get in and out of if you want to have family fly in from up north, and Nashville is an international airport (international destinations from Chattanooga or Knoxville go to another hub).

Did I mention we don't have a state income tax...sales tax is around 9.25-9.75% though

Hit me up when you make it down, maybe we can hit up Windrock together!
Even with the slightly higher sales tax, it seems like a buck still stretches a bit further there vs in New York. Plus, overall quality of life has got to be a world's better in your neck of the woods. Everything sucks here. Offroading, firearms, and any other activity than paying taxes is illegal in this state.

And yeah, I'd definitely be down for joining you for a run to Windrock. As long as you don't mind a noob tagging along, I'll do my best to not slow you down. This'll be the first time I've been able to leave the state, which is necessary to legally leave the pavement. After almost 3.5 years of owning a Jeep, I know all about how to build one up than how to actually use it. 😆
Sponsored

lashlee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR 2.0 Turbo 4 (Wife's), Tesla M3P (mine)
My wife's is a JLUR with a MC GC3.5 on 37's, my best friend has a JTR with Dynatrac 60's and 40's, my neighbor has another JTR on 40's, so we've got plenty to pull you out if you get stuck since we all have a winch! Windrock has all varieties of trails so we can start small and go from there! Trail 2, 19, 26 are a few that hit regularly so you can youtube them to find out what you're getting in to. I think 26 is a badge of honor (I always forget to geotag it when we go!).

I'll agree that the dollar will stretch farther here. We live in a nice neighborhood on a smallish lot, but still afford to live! Any given night you'll hear a shot or two from the local acreage where someone is hunting dinner!

OP
OP
Headbarcode

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My wife's is a JLUR with a MC GC3.5 on 37's, my best friend has a JTR with Dynatrac 60's and 40's, my neighbor has another JTR on 40's, so we've got plenty to pull you out if you get stuck since we all have a winch! Windrock has all varieties of trails so we can start small and go from there! Trail 2, 19, 26 are a few that hit regularly so you can youtube them to find out what you're getting in to. I think 26 is a badge of honor (I always forget to geotag it when we go!).

I'll agree that the dollar will stretch farther here. We live in a nice neighborhood on a smallish lot, but still afford to live! Any given night you'll hear a shot or two from the local acreage where someone is hunting dinner!
My Jeep is built up quite a bit. For now, I'm the weak link in the equation. 😆

Good to hear that I won't be cramping anyone's style. Plus, I'm a fast learner.

OP
OP
Headbarcode

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just realized that my wife and I will be landing in Tennessee on the Friday of the Gteat Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion weekend. We were originally going straight to Nashville for a few days, then Knoxville for about a week, and finally Chattanooga for the last few days before heading back north. Now, we're heading straight to our 1st Jeep Invasion, then Knoxville, and will end our mission in Nashville.

Anyone else plan on going?

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Just realized that my wife and I will be landing in Tennessee on the Friday of the Gteat Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion weekend. We were originally going straight to Nashville for a few days, then Knoxville for about a week, and finally Chattanooga for the last few days before heading back north. Now, we're heading straight to our 1st Jeep Invasion, then Knoxville, and will end our mission in Nashville.

Anyone else plan on going?
my wife and I are planning to, make sure you register prior to going.

Sponsored

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Mike, good to see you'll finally take the squirrel on a trail. LOL. Sorry to see that you'll leave the Northeast. I hope the best for you and your family.

OP
OP
Headbarcode

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, I didn't know there was a registry. I saw that they don't do tickets online, just in person on the day of. I'll look into it further. Thanks

OP
OP
Headbarcode

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I've got a standard "show and shine" spot. The tailgating double spots were sold out. I'm not planning on having a shined up Jeep or setting up a canopy next to it, but having a dedicated spot to park that's not a mile away is nice. Thanks for the heads up, Scott!

I'll be keeping my eye out for your Mojito JLUR.
Sponsored