Sponsored

Whats your overall take on Tennessee? Recon mission lines up with Jeep Invasion.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
There's a growing chance that my wife and I will be leaving new york. We never fit in around here anyway. More country than city at heart. We have our sights zeroed in on Tennessee and I was interested in any and all comments about life in general down in the good ol south.

And don't worry about us. We're not at all those types of people that are looking to move somewhere and try to turn it into what we left. In fact, whenever we meet new people, they always think we're either from the south or the midwest.

I very much look forward to reading your thoughts and comments. Thanks all!
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
There's a growing chance that my wife and I will be leaving new york. We never fit in around here anyway. More country than city at heart. We have our sights zeroed in on Tennessee and I was interested in any and all comments about life in general down in the good ol south.

And don't worry about us. We're not at all those types of people that are looking to move somewhere and try to turn it into what we left. In fact, whenever we meet new people, they always think we're either from the south or the midwest.

I very much look forward to reading your thoughts and comments. Thanks all!
Interesting. What part of TN?

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
According to US News
Tennessee Ranking

OVERALL RANKINGS
#30 out of 50 in 2019

Health Care#40
Education#33
Economy#16
Infrastructure#17
Opportunity#21
Fiscal Stability#3
Crime & Corrections#42
Natural Environment#39

The only good thing I see is the State is mostly Red if that matters to you. My $.02

Sponsored

Rscx4

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
According to US News
Tennessee Ranking

OVERALL RANKINGS
#30 out of 50 in 2019

Health Care#40
Education#33
Economy#16
Infrastructure#17
Opportunity#21
Fiscal Stability#3
Crime & Corrections#42
Natural Environment#39

The only good thing I see is the State is mostly Red if that matters to you. My $.02
#39 in natural environment? That’s BS, TN is absolutely beautiful and offers so much outdoorsiness. These type polls are always skewed to the designers philosophy.

Sponsored

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
Been there several times for work and the misses and I are seriously considering packing our bags and heading that way. We love California, but the cost of living is getting ridiculous! Anyway, back on topic. I can only comment on the following cities.

Memphis - went to Beale St. and Sun Records and had a great time, however the city overall is depressed and I would not live there

Nashville - fun with lots to do and you don't even have to like country music(!), a young crowd and starting to see more hipsters, but don't let that stop you

Chattanooga - more mature and laid back than Nashville, we really enjoyed it and was more our vibe, lots of outdoor activities near by if you are into hiking, camping, fishing, etc.

Knoxville - similar to Chattanooga, but seemed more buttoned up / conservative, wasn't bad and plenty to do, but for some reason we just like Nashville and Chattanooga better

You should take a vacation out there and stay a couple days in each city. I'd start in Nashville. Then drive 2hrs to Chattanooga. Then it's 1.5hrs to Knoxville.

OP
OP
Headbarcode

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. What part of TN?
Nothing cemented in as of now. My wife is an ICU RN, and is eyeballing a specific hospital in Knoxville because it's a university place with teaching in mind, so it's an atmosphere with an underlying focus on expanding everyone's knowledge and helping the noobies. Also, it's a trauma 1 facility, so more chance of her being kept on her toes. She's not at all a fan of milking a clock by sitting around.

She's also made passing mention of a larger hospital in Nashville that is currently hurting for good people and offering a hefty sign on bonus.

What's spawned all this is that new york politics have found their way to my company's doorstep, and I have been blocked from being able to continue bringing in the material needed for next year's season. As of right now, I've only got enough built up to maybe get through my spring to early summer portion of the season.

OP
OP
Headbarcode

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Memphis….gross, nashville yesss. Pigeon forge. Beautiful
Although I've become a fan of JJ da Boss, especially after his immediate reaction after a horrific crash with his wife, I definitely don't want to be his neighbor. I've heard that Memphis is the worst area of the state.

We're planning a Recon mission in July or August, so we'll be on the hunt for nice areas that are close enough to the bigger hospitals, but not out in the middle of nowhere. Just a nice quiet neighborhood in an overall good area somewhere in between.

Thanks for playing!

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 3.0 Turbo Diesel
I left Long Island 15 years ago. Landed in southern Virginia. We are taking the next step and moving to Western NC mountains not very far from the TN boarder. I love small town life. You just need to do some research and spend time in the area. Some of these small towns were devastated when production moved off shore and never came back. Some did very well.

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 titan 22 wrangler
Maryville is south of Knoxville nice area. Vonore is south of that and more country. Tail of the dragon is also close by and can't beat the Tennessee river. Just depends on what your looking for, I like east Tennessee over west my self.
Born in TN and have land in Vonore next to the Cherokee national forest.
Just my two cents.
Sponsored