Sponsored

What's Your Most Overpriced Part Or Accessory?

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Embarrassed to say, but I dropped over$2,500 into alpine speaker upgrade. There, I said it and really don’t want to say anything else about it.
I spent about $2,000 installing Alpine R-S65.2 in the kick panels and SPV-65-JLT in the sound bar. I also installed the PSS-23WRA to power everything; includes amp with small powered sub and dash tweeters. Very simple DYI for someone not big into audio, sounds great naked and greatly improved audio (I feel it sounds better then OEM Alpine upgrade and doesn’t take up useable space). I feel it’s worth the money, even though I could have done it cheaper if I was willing to spend more time researching and willing to do a little fabrication.
Sponsored

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
Embarrassed to say, but I dropped over$2,500 into alpine speaker upgrade. There, I said it and really don’t want to say anything else about it.
Is it actually a much better sound? Assuming youre playing compressed music from your phone

Sponsored

EugenesAJeep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
What’s your specific setup?
Kept stock radio, but add attached amp , sub, and speakers. Nothing to complain about now. Except this set me back a bit as I’m not exactly wealthy by any means. It’s my daily driver and will probably have it for many years to come.

9E59FE81-FA0D-4D03-A2FA-427151433EAD.jpeg

4516791F-8DC7-450D-9253-CDA3B554C05E.jpeg

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Okay, so I have both BFG wiper blades and Mopar performance rails, thanks for the honorable mention!

I paid less than $50 for the BFG wiper blades on Quadratec. I like KO2, which is arguably the best AT tire in the history of AT tire. The wiper blades look nice, and are really quiet. Are they $70 nice? It depends, people spent money on all sorts of unnecessary things on Jeep forum, it won't be the first one nor the last one.

Mopar performance rails are not worth their $900 MSRP, but there are so many Recon and Moab take offs on FB, you can easily score it with a fraction of the cost. They are one of the nicest frame mounted slider that wrap around pinch seams.
$50 for wiper blades? Man did you score!:please:

linux_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 6-speed manual, 2011 Compass 5-speed manual
The soft top my 2020 JL came with.

Sitting unused in my living room since May 2020.

9/14: Just bought Lovesac furniture thing. I used to think my soft top was the huge spacehog in the room. Wow. Maybe I could position the soft top over it like some kind of retarded/expensive awning.

Last edited:

MRKelly

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S 80th Annivers
Rolex Submariner with black bezel, to match my black JL. It was about $10,000 but looks really good while driving my JL. Matches the black/silver JL Rubicon wheels almost perfectly.
It’s the PERFECT accessory…
GREAT job that you found one… I sell Rolexes for a living, and stock is very limited…

CNSD

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
We've all spent asinine money on mods, but which one in your opinion was your most overpriced purchase? Made a joke about the Bestop Sunrider for hardtop in another thread and it got me thinking about this. It's a great mod, definitely the one I use most often, but at $900 (plus tax) its only a few hundred short of an ENTIRE SOFT TOP.

I also think an honorable mention is in order for BF Goodrich's $70 windshield wiper blades. That tire tread appearance is enticing, but I will not be seduced by you BFG! Not again....

Jeep Wrangler JL What's Your Most Overpriced Part Or Accessory? 4516791F-8DC7-450D-9253-CDA3B554C05E
All of it, but they know how much we love messing with these things.
Sponsored