Sponsored

What's your favorite/usual/most displayed dash screen?

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I bounce between mpg and tire pressure. Sometimes checking voltage
Sponsored

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Unfortunately, this is from my Gator JT. My guess is they're all white on this screen.

Don't worry, they'll probably update it to match. Is yours a Rubicon? I just noticed that it is a Rubicon hood.

On the tire monitor screen's naked jeep, and on the GPS where you can choose the icon to be a generic blue arrow or a little jeep, it used to be a default blue or something, but it changed to my white after one of those over-air updates.

Seems that there must have been a lone graphic designer at FCA with a sense of humor and a long leash designing the GUI, because there are lots of fun little details in the dash and touch screen.

Donkey Fluffer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Don't worry, they'll probably update it to match. Is yours a Rubicon? I just noticed that it is a Rubicon hood.

On the tire monitor screen's naked jeep, and on the GPS where you can choose the icon to be a generic blue arrow or a little jeep, it used to be a default blue or something, but it changed to my white after one of those over-air updates.

Seems that there must have been a lone graphic designer at FCA with a sense of humor and a long leash designing the GUI, because there are lots of fun little details in the dash and touch screen.
I do have a Rubicon

Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

I had a BUNCH of time yesterday on my drive from north of LA to San Diego and back to play around with my dash screen options. And on my way down I was fixated on fuel economy. (Pause for laughter...) :LOL:

For those curious, at 750 mile son the odo, I managed a steady 19.7 with the 2.0/auto at roughly 65 mph over the whole 3 hour downward leg. On the way back last night, without traffic, the average speeds were higher and the average MPGs were lower - 18-ish.

Now that you've recovered from that fit of joyous laughter, lets get back to the topic, shall we...? :movember:

For me, my number one screen that's up most often is the MPH screen.

Next is the MPG screen though I know that'll fade over time like it did with my Ram EcoDiesel.

So, what screen do you have up most often?
I’m trying to visualize driving from LA to San Diego at 65mph. You must have had people flashing brights, tailgating and flipping you the bird😂

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
TPMS

Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I had a BUNCH of time yesterday on my drive from north of LA to San Diego and back to play around with my dash screen options. And on my way down I was fixated on fuel economy. (Pause for laughter...) :LOL:

For those curious, at 750 mile son the odo, I managed a steady 19.7 with the 2.0/auto at roughly 65 mph over the whole 3 hour downward leg. On the way back last night, without traffic, the average speeds were higher and the average MPGs were lower - 18-ish.

Now that you've recovered from that fit of joyous laughter, lets get back to the topic, shall we...? :movember:

For me, my number one screen that's up most often is the MPH screen.

Next is the MPG screen though I know that'll fade over time like it did with my Ram EcoDiesel.

So, what screen do you have up most often?
I keep the off road pages up.. Want to watch the temps etc. By the way I get the same mpg and better with my 3.6 with auto.

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
I set the upper middle to display MPH... if I set the large center part to display MPH, then the upper middle is blank, if I set the large center part to display anything else (battery or tire pressure usually), then the MPH shows up in the upper middle..
I liked your post because it seemed quite dumb at first ("Why does this guy display MPH in two places on his dash?") but then if you actually try that, you figure out that it's far more useful than anything!

When I'm taking off from a traffic light without it set that way, I'm having to ether figure out my speed from the off-angle analog gauge to the right, or I'm having to page back over to the speedometer screen to figure out how fast I'm going. Both are a real pain. With MPH both top and center, I can always see my speed no matter what screen I'm on (or whatever notification pops-up on the display by itself).

When you're on the speedometer screen, the smaller MPH display at the top goes away, which is a good thing. But I think that's also a lost opportunity. I wish I could have a secondary choice that would display top center when I'm leaving it on the main digital speedometer display. But this seems to be the best trade-offs for me with the options we're given, right?
Sponsored