What's your favorite protectant for the black fenders, bumpers, etc. on your JL?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unencumbered
Black Again.

I've been using this restorative since the early 90s. It was eventually withdrawn from the market in 1999, forcing me to judiciously ration what I still had on hand. Some years later, it was brought back, although it still needs to be sought out since you won't find it on the shelves of the chain stores.

Apply the treatment in the shade, or the garage, and then expose the treated surfaces to UV light (i.e., daylight) to activate the formula. Consider purchasing two bottles; you may find it gets consumed rather quickly.

Reinen

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I just beat the crap out of them. Treat them like what they are; recyclable and replaceable parts.
It gives them character and me a happy-go-lucky attitude.

davewald

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
I've used most of the major brands, but surprisingly, just "discovered" 303. Man, what a difference. I'm throwing out everything else. 303 is so much better for both dust and UV protection.

NewJLU2019

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired Now
Vehicle Showcase
So many products... so many recommendations... Which is why I often through my hands up and do nothing, interior products too, leather products too... UGH.

Having said that, this guy has a 6 month review of 25 products.
Another brand video and no Chemical Guys VRP included. :swear:

nositting

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
i use 303 as a protectant.
i also just bought ceratrim as a restorer but haven’t used it yet. i watched some videos and it seems as if ceratrim might be a little better on some thin plastics (such as the B pillar of my wife’s minivan) compared to cerakote which i think was the product that can get messy/uneven on those thin plastics.

Advertisement

ATO4x4

Advertisement