Sponsored

What's your favorite protectant for the black fenders, bumpers, etc. on your JL?

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I just beat the crap out of them. Treat them like what they are; recyclable and replaceable parts.
It gives them character and me a happy-go-lucky attitude.

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
I've used most of the major brands, but surprisingly, just "discovered" 303. Man, what a difference. I'm throwing out everything else. 303 is so much better for both dust and UV protection.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So many products... so many recommendations... Which is why I often through my hands up and do nothing, interior products too, leather products too... UGH.

Having said that, this guy has a 6 month review of 25 products.
Another brand video and no Chemical Guys VRP included. :swear:

Sponsored

nositting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
i use 303 as a protectant.
i also just bought ceratrim as a restorer but haven’t used it yet. i watched some videos and it seems as if ceratrim might be a little better on some thin plastics (such as the B pillar of my wife’s minivan) compared to cerakote which i think was the product that can get messy/uneven on those thin plastics.

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I reapplied Cerakote wipes on my black trim, about a yearly ritual. I doubt any product does a better job at preventing fading.
I thought my door handles were starting to look pretty dull, but when I started applying I found some spots I missed when I applied the last year or two, and there was a HUGE difference.
Look at how faded the area down in the middle of the wiper arm is and how sharp a line between where it was applied before and where it wasn’t.
That’s from like a year ago!
Jeep Wrangler JL What's your favorite protectant for the black fenders, bumpers, etc. on your JL? 1909089F-0600-4EA4-871E-8AB174CAF480

JEEPmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 2dr
The Cerakote is amazing. It's by far the best product for black plastic (even when it's severely oxidized and faded) that I've ever used.

nositting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
i use ceratrim. a small bottle lasts forever thus not very expensive per use. i use it once or twice a year and use 303 once in a while whenever cleaning the JL up. the 303 is very versatile and i imagine much like VRP. i use 303 on all plastics and find it lasts longer on tires than some tire products. wipe plastics with a microfiber cloth and let the product sit on tires and soak in. ceratrim is a great product and lasts longer than 303 but not as quick to use as 303 as ceratrim is a honey consistency. i really think the best bet is using them in combo

Sponsored

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
Another vote for Cerakote. Amazing stuff.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I've been using Wipe New for many years and it's pretty incredible. When I first picked it up, I was a bit skeptical since it was originally marketed like the "As Seen on TV" products". It works better and has outlasted every other product I have ever tried. It also works wonders on faded trim. Scott HD on YouTube did a shootout with many of the products on the market and only a few made it over a year. Cerakote performed well, too. I think I read somewhere that Cerakote was producing the product exclusively for Wipe New but there was some sort of disagreement and they started selling it under there own brand. Their prices are similar but I've only used WIpe New in the bottle and Cerakote appears to only come in wipe form. Now you can buy Wipe New wipes. Wipe New says their 3oz bottle is enough to do at least 2 full cars...I wonder how many wipes it takes to do a car.

brennaman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 WK 2014 JK, 2021 JLR snazzberry
Occupation
damn near retired
I had a ceramic coating put on my Jeep when I got it, and after every wash I use carpro Reload.

https://www.carpro-us.com/protection/carpro-reload-1-liter-34oz/

I spray it on my drying towel and dry everything but the glass. My Jeep is just 9 months old, but it keeps everything hydrophobic. Water just runs off, and this includes the fenders, bumpers, everything. So far there is zero fading, it does not discolor black plastic like a wax would, and it works like a barrier to dirt. The place I buy it from, the owner is an auto detailer, and this is what he uses, and he says it will keep black plastic from fading. I guess only time will tell, but I like it so far.

commandojk13

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys unliminted
Which 303 are you guys using? There is like 3 different ones at the local autozone. I’m assuming just the 303 protectant for interior and exterior?
Sponsored