Sponsored

What's your favorite brand of sunglasses?

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Maui Jim

The best I’ve ever owned. Sturdy, clarity, ample shading, and the Stingrays fit me great. I’m on my 3rd set due to theft & misplacing.
Sponsored

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
Oakley. Had a btf at the target range. Still think i have sight in my right eye because of them.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Any one with the Randolph’s that can answer a question? I want to try a pair and see they have free returns so I guess I could just order. I want an Aviator style as I like my Ray Ban.

Which style is the smallest aviator? I really like the smaller Ray Ban frame.
Also what lens offers the lightest shade? I do not like real dark sunglasses then I am taking them on and off just to look at something in the car.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Hey all,

Today is my birthday(49) and I'm thinking of a new pair or sunglasses. I usually buy Oakleys but they seem so cheap for the money. What does everyone here like???

Definitely Maui Jim. You get very wide spectrum of different designs and frame colors plus real glass lenses and that is an important requirement I have when buying glasses of any type. And hey just recently I discovered Navy Seals mostly go for Mauis as well . You know just in case you dream of becoming a Navy Seal and never made it. : )

Sponsored

Stoop1r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi a4
My favorites are RayBans. A little history for those who didn't know much about this brand: Ray-Ban is quite possibly the most iconic of all sunglasses. The brand started out as eyewear that should help US Air Force pilots keep the glare of the sun out of their eyes which is where the classic Aviator shape came from – a style that has remained timelessly cool over the years. The Wayfarer style was popularized by Hollywood, particularly screen legends James Dean and Audrey Hepburn in the 50’s and 60’s. It’s another style that is still considered fashionable today. The brand also offers other designs that blend both style, quality, and durability. But it's a little overpriced so I found a cheap alternative. I have recently tried and ordered women's sunglasses for my wife which look exactly like RayBan but cost $40.

Last edited:

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Maui Jim! I wear oakleys at work because I get them cheap and they have readily accessible parts if they come off in the middle of a fight.

Maui Jim is far better and its what I wear anytime I’m not at work. I’m currently on the red sands model with blue Hawaii colored lenses. These are their plastic lenses but the glasses are very light and there is really no difference in optical clarity between their plastic and their glass, as far as the average eye can tell.

Maui Jim has amazing customer service. On vacation last year I walked into their Lahaina store, one of two in the country, and they replaced everything for a very reasonable fee. They are an awesome company with a great product.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Randolph Sunglasses. They're made in Massachusetts to military spec (originally made for military pilots) and the lenses are heavy duty. Each pair comes with a little repair kit (double screwdriver, screws, nose pads), so they're kinda Jeep-like. Once you get a pair, you'll notice how many you see on TV (Ray Donovan was the first time I saw mine) on shows or on military personnel. In my opinion, the standard issue Aviators are the most bad ass and the finest sunglasses I've ever owned at any price (I've had them all).

Depending on the style, prices are on par with Oakley's and Ray Ban's (same company) or Maui Jim's and you get a much better, American made product than you ever will from those brands (which used to be made in the US, now many styles/components made in China). Get on the mailing list before Fathers' Day and you may get a promo. https://www.randolphusa.com/

AF5R663.jpg

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like them . Very classy look from the 60s. Just like those shades worn by Huey pilots in Nam.
Sponsored