What's your edc knife?

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
which is why we carry extra rounds, right?
Already doing that, pepper spray, RAT tourniquet, flashlight, etc. That's just what's on me most of the time. ;)

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Already doing that, pepper spray, RAT tourniquet, flashlight, etc. That's just what's on me most of the time. ;)
Sure...When I lived in Ajo I never left home without at least one firearm. I dont carry here...never out of sight of a house, farm country. Guns can stay home. Still keep the jeep packed with tools, knife, two flashlights, shovel, machete, recovery strap...all that gear. Edc? I put a knife in my pocket before I put on my boots, but it's a tool.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Sure...When I lived in Ajo I never left home without at least one firearm. I dont carry here...never out of sight of a house, farm country. Guns can stay home. Still keep the jeep packed with tools, knife, two flashlights, shovel, machete, recovery strap...all that gear. Edc? I put a knife in my pocket before I put on my boots, but it's a tool.
That's the thing about a knife....it's a handy tool for various jobs.

Separate note: Anyone who knows much about fighting with an edged weapon means you're both highly likely to get sliced up. If it comes to that sort of combat, it's basically a last resort and is likely to be very ugly. Though there are highly experienced trainers that advocate that a fixed blade can be more rapidly deployed than a firearm anyway....given proximity to the target.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
That's the thing about a knife....it's a handy tool for various jobs.

Separate note: Anyone who knows much about fighting with an edged weapon means you're both highly likely to get sliced up. If it comes to that sort of combat, it's basically a last resort and is likely to be very ugly. Though there are highly experienced trainers that advocate that a fixed blade can be more rapidly deployed than a firearm anyway....given proximity to the target.
Back in '67 they trained us for knives in boot camp. The instructor began by tellihg us that if we ever had to USE the training, it meant someone had FUBARed. I only had to do it once.

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
I switch between two primaries as my edc. A CRKT M16-01KZ and a Kershaw Cryo 1555ti.
56AE1F25-F016-4ABB-808F-C0E233863A92.jpeg
I carry the same kershaw along with a Winkler blue ridge hunter on my belt.

landshark99

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
My usual EDC rotation is a
Bug Black.jpg

Bechmade mini freak.jpg

Benchmad Bugout, Benchmade Super Freak and Shirogorov F95N
F95R.jpg

johnnyj

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2003 TJ Rubicon. Gone but not forgotten: 1998 Sport, 2002 Sport, 2006 LJ Rubicon
Zero Tolerance, serial number 287. A decade old, never failed me.
knife1.jpg

Northridge4x4