Sponsored

Whats your dream exhaust? Please input! (Post moved to 3.6 engine)

isueyou

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hey guys,

Just got my JLUR in, and Borla will be using it as a demo car.

As this is my first Jeep, I would love your recommendations as to what you would want from an exhaust.

This is our chance to tell a manufacturer (Borla) what you want before they make it.

Things to think about: Color, Size, Sound, Location, Dual Split or together.

Thanks in advanced for your input!

jl.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
isueyou

isueyou

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
sorry guys realized I posted under turbo thread. Im going to repost in the 3.6 if interested.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I’d want one that made it sound like a V8, but since there’s no such thing I’m keeping mine stock. Only reason I’d go aftermarket would be if the stock clearance was an issue.

Nkyzr2

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Liberty, 2009 Chrysler T&C
Vehicle Showcase
Make it sound like the Flowmaster American Thunder for the JK at half the price! That’s the sound I’m looking for on my JLUR.

N75

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
I’m currently really interested in the Magnaflow performance axle-back in stainless. It’s a dual outlet setup - they make it in black also, but personally I would want all stainless with polished tips.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/magnaflow-axleback-exhaust-jk-15178.html

I’ve listened to a bunch of sound clips online, and I think out of all the options for a simple axle back, this has the most generally appealing tone. Nice burbles, not too loud, deeper than stock.

Would definitely look into a similar Borla setup. Many years of VW’s and a VR6 with a Borla cat-back has got to be the best sound out of an economy car I’ve ever heard.

In short - dual polished stainless outlets, axle-back and/or cat-back, and make it sound as close to a 12v VR6 as possible.
Sponsored