Sponsored

Whats up with Jeep obsession with size (keyfob)?

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I don't think Rubin @Aesikidesi that FCA would either produce or permit licensing (to the extent law could control it) of the digitally altered Wrangler fob suitcase you provide as comedy...

but you wanna bet if somebody did make it that some would buy it?;)

...talk about your conversation piece at Moab?

P.S. I think the suitcase would not be a MOPAR product for fear it would reinforce the notion that the fob is "too" big; an attribute FCA doesn't likely want to endorse.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Elsinore73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I read somewhere the fob is that large so it can double as a jack board when driving your JL on the beach

OP
OP
KenPewPew

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
I read somewhere the fob is that large so it can double as a jack board when driving your JL on the beach
John - your sentence is kinda vague - do you mean...

Jeep Wrangler JL Whats up with Jeep obsession with size (keyfob)? 102820-car

or this?

Jeep Wrangler JL Whats up with Jeep obsession with size (keyfob)? surfingelephant

or err this?? (what??? someone was doing a cheerleader boing boinging in the other post!! Don't blame me for clarifying things!! Sheesh)

Jeep Wrangler JL Whats up with Jeep obsession with size (keyfob)? 102820-surfer

OP
OP
KenPewPew

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Granted, this is a niche vehicle, but my 2018 Ural uses four separate keys: ignition, fuel tank lock box, gas cap and trunk. The size and appearance of each key is distinct, too.

Analog, baby. It lives.

New fuel pump.jpg
Wow four separate keys!!! That is one schweet bike!!! Love it!! However I think you forgot to incorporate the fifth key bro!!! Here! You are welcome!

Jeep Wrangler JL Whats up with Jeep obsession with size (keyfob)? New fuel pum

Sponsored

Nomod

First Name
Brien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S; '05 Pontiac GTO; '12 MBenz GLK; '99 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan; all purchased new - I tend to keep vehicles a long time
Honestly after reading all the posts on here I was expecting it to be huge. It’s really not that big or an inconvenience IMO. What’s annoying is the key propping out quite often.
The size doesn't bother me either. I find that facing the fob with the key release button facing out (as opposed to against my leg) alleviates the key popping out problem.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
In my Key FOB, I have key to unlock my gas cap so folks do not put sugar in my gas... because the rednecks are jealous that I sold my four other Jeeps which last was a TJ.

Did you see the laser pointer in the remote? I have Proximity Remote Access and never have to carry the Key FOB remote, best thing... I hide the remote on my bike and use it to lock and unlock Jeep. In fact I was reading the new iPhone software and Jeep have a way to unlock Jeep with your iPhone...

I have not looked into that feature yet so if any one know read me into to this option. Joking about the laser pointer. Just seeing if you read all of my post.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KenPewPew

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Twubblemaker
If you think that the people are crazy above - you ain't seen nothing yet. This is what Headbarcode do after he unsheathe his mighty fob from the Gibson case!

Jeep Wrangler JL Whats up with Jeep obsession with size (keyfob)? 20200813_083329

Jeep Wrangler JL Whats up with Jeep obsession with size (keyfob)? 102820-headbarcode

Last edited:

Aesikidesi

First Name
Rubin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUA / RUFICON
Occupation
Data Analyst / IT Data Recovery
Vehicle Showcase
The size doesn't bother me either. I find that facing the fob with the key release button facing out (as opposed to against my leg) alleviates the key popping out problem.
You know they have a pill for those kind of issues now and days......lol.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
At this point my biggest surprise is that somebody hasn't yet photoshopped a picture like this from the movie Downsizing, exchanging the famous pair of Ritz Crackers shown for a JL/JT fob...... ;)

Jeep Wrangler JL Whats up with Jeep obsession with size (keyfob)? 1603976443213
Sponsored