Sponsored

What's the secret to removing the kickpanels?

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
I need to ground a couple wires and want to use the lug that's supposed to be on the drivers side behind the side kickpanel. How do you get that thing off? I got the little door open but I can't disengage the door bus from the mount. I got it pushed down a little bit then it binds and won't go any further. I can see the little nib on the back of the door bus so it looks like the lock released. After that what do I need to do? Honest, I searched and couldn't find anything on the forum.
Sponsored

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
Take a look at the CJ Pony Parts walk through on installing the auxiliary buttons. It goes over the removal of the kick panel. I always have to use more force than I'm comfortable. Every time I've taken it off, I think I'm going to break that white connector. I'm assuming I will eventually.

OP
OP
Captain Skip

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
Take a look at the CJ Pony Parts walk through on installing the auxiliary buttons. It goes over the removal of the kick panel. I always have to use more force than I'm comfortable. Every time I've taken it off, I think I'm going to break that white connector. I'm assuming I will eventually.

That's perfect, thank you for that link.

Sponsored

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep warangler sport
Thank you. Nice details for any upgrades.

Last edited:

euler

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i, '22 Willys 2.0T
Same thing for the 2022s?

I can't seem to remove the door wire harness from the clip. There is supposed to be some sort of 'pin' that needs pressing?
Sponsored