Sponsored

What's the longest trip you've ever taken on your Wrangler?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I go to Mexico regularly on business. I love the friendly people, the laid back attitude and the awesome food. But I won’t drive while I’m there.

I fly in and Uber everywhere; its cheap and convenient. Most of all, it allows me to relax and enjoy my trip.
Sponsored

X-Treme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
Happily Retired
So far, Denver to Albuquerque after picking her up from the dealership :). Longer journeys are in the works for the future :)

LEDS

First Name
Leif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 WRANGLER RUBICON UNLIMITED, 2023 Rubicon 392
Drove from Anchorage to Cabo in my 2008 Unlimited Rubicon, mostly avoiding the big freeways on the west coast..

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
Omaha area to Moab through Salt Lake City and back.

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
Old thread but 8130km from Calgary to Salt Lake to Bonneville to Provo to Moab to Kayenta to Mesa Verde to Moab to Vegas to Kelowna to Calgary In a 2 door JLR with a soft top.
‘Would do it again tomorrow.

Sponsored

stingGreyNJ

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2013 JK (gone)
9000 miles in October of 2021. From Jersey Shore to PA on interstates. Picked up MABDR to TAT through Moab and then Interstates home hitting 2 BOH trails on the way home (Turkey Hill & SMORR).

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Premature perhaps, but we're planning just under 3000 miles next summer. Midwest departure, through Denver to Moab and Monument Valley. Then the Grand Canyon before coming home swinging south then east via Route 66/I-40

Last edited:

Testut

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL 2-door
~8K miles from Upstate NY to the Seattle area then down to Portland, over the mountains to Reno, down through southern Utah before heading ESE to West Texas. After Texas we drove NE to the Oklahoma City area and then home to Upstate NY. It was a great trip and quite an adventure, from high crossover winds in Montana to below zero temperatures in Zion National Park the Jeep performed well.

OhioJeeper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6 JL's and a Gladiator
About 9000 miles in past month. Two trips: Ohio to Glacier, MT and Ohio to Ouray. Drove a 21 JLUs and a '21JLR. Smaller tank on a 2dr makes it a pain-didn't even test the bladder.

Tyler225

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
In my 2017 2dr Jk my wife and I took a 30 day 6000 mile road trip. Jeep did fine except for the complete lack of space for all our stuff

In the new JLUR longest was a 4.5 hour trip.

Sponsored

There’sOnlyOne

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Nicely revived thread. Around +\- 3000 miles.

In May 2002 in a stock ‘93 YJ Sahara 6 cylinder 5 speed 90K+ on odometer with softop, full steel doors and that wimpy under dash AC. Drove it with my best buddy, an Irish Setter. And though I didn’t know it at the the time the girl that ended up being my wife a few years later and still is. Drove from Atlanta to LA. Took a week. Went through New Orleans to Jackson, MS to Dallas to OKC to Amarillo to Taos, NM to Four Corners to Grand Canyon to Vegas to LA. And many random road side sights and all the Route 66 we could travel on.

Would do it all over in a heartbeat. One day we will.

Garry in AZ

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Door Rubicon, 3 pedal club.
Occupation
Engineering
Technically not a Wrangler, but in 1988, I went from my boyhood home in eastern Saskatchewan to Vancouver BC and back., 2400 miles round trip, in 5 days.... in a 1979 CJ7 with an ill fitting soft top, inline 6, manual trans... Oh, and it was in November. Never thought anything of it. Oh, to be young again. LOL!

I'm sure the new JLR would make that trip a piece of cake even now that I'm in my 60's.

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
1200 mile round trip to Moab last fall.

My near stock 2dr 80th Edition did great on tough trails and was surprisingly comfortable on the road up and back. Only mods are sway bar disconnects and 33" tires.

Jeep Wrangler JL What's the longest trip you've ever taken on your Wrangler? Hell'sRv

Dusty Roads

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys Sport
I am planning to take a couple of trips in the near future but I want to make sure the Wrangler can handle long distance drives. This is probably not a good idea but I'm thinking of taking it south of the border to Mexico City all the way from Chicago, IL. It's not a for sure but I might do it this upcoming December.

The thing i fear the most is getting hijacked and killed by the Narcos just so they can have an off-road vehicle for their business :cwl::crying::jk::flag:
Hunted and fished in Mexico for many years. That was until a friend of mine was kidnapped and held for ransom by cartel members. They went into their deer camp and kidnapped 4 people total and beat the hell out of the rancher. No way would I go into Mexico now.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Driven.. Costco.

Towed.. 1000 miles to Idaho
Sponsored