Sponsored

What's the hook thing in the front floorboard?

nealwiley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 dr, 2015 Willys 2 dr.
Had many jeeps but my first JL, what is the hook looking thing in the front floorboard? There is even a hole to access it in my Jeep rubber mats.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@nealwiley

You undoubtedly are talking about the gizmo of sorts... the retainers (2 on driver's side and two in front passenger footwell) attached to the surface of the carpeting.... that are designed to secure the floor liners / floor mats to the floor so they do not blow out of the Wrangler or move around, causing a safety issue, etc..

Yes, there are 2 holes in the mat/floorliner that are the females that mate up to the 2 males found on the carpet.

Part # / Pic of the one in a JL... JK has a different one..
Jeep Wrangler JL What's the hook thing in the front floorboard? s-l1600

You can see the 2 females on the installed Bestop floor liner with the retainers plugged into each (2)..
Jeep Wrangler JL What's the hook thing in the front floorboard? sticker

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
@nealwiley

You undoubtedly are talking about the gizmo of sorts... the retainers (2 on driver's side and two in front passenger footwell) attached to the surface of the carpeting.... that are designed to secure the floor liners / floor mats to the floor so they do not blow out of the Wrangler or move around, causing a safety issue, etc..

Yes, there are 2 holes in the mat/floorliner that are the females that mate up to the 2 males found on the carpet.

You can see the 2 females on the installed Bestop floor liner with the retainers plugged into each (2)..
Totally unrelated, but... where did you get that Rubicon badge for the floor mat? I would love to replace the Quadratec logos in mine with something like that.

Sponsored

OP
OP

nealwiley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No it is hooks not the floor mat hold downs

OP
OP

nealwiley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@nealwiley

No there are holes in my factory rubber mats with hooks sticking up thru them on on each side of jeep, passenger and driver sides.

Sponsored

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
Zip ties??? Cut them off and throw them in the trash. Also pull off the drain plug cut-out from your carpet, pull out the plug, and use it to plug the drain hole in the mats.

OP
OP

nealwiley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zip ties??? Cut them off and throw them in the trash. Also pull off the drain plug cut-out from your carpet, pull out the plug, and use it to plug the drain hole in the mats.
I know just have not done it yet.... What are the holes for?

OP
OP

nealwiley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The zip ties were on there when delivered, haven't cut them off yet.

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
I know just have not done it yet.... What are the holes for?
The 2 small holes attach the mat to the floor, as explained earlier. The big hole is the mat drain hole that lines up with the drain hole in the carpet and floor. There will be a precut section of the carpet directly under the hole. It's still attached on both sides. Pull those off, then pull the drain plugs out. The mat will fit into the hole, then the drain plug will go into the big hole in the mat.

I think... I'm still not certain exactly what you're asking, but I think this answers your question.
Sponsored