Sponsored

What's the hold up? Let's speculate...

gman123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo V60, Volvo S60, Ordered 4XE Sahara
I think it is the EPA because so many have been built and just waiting in shipping. Also they may want a mass release so they will maybe all ship out on one day.

gman123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo V60, Volvo S60, Ordered 4XE Sahara
I am hopping for early March delivery

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
Was at a Jeep dealership earlier today, and when I asked about these delays on the 4xe, the salesperson said there was a recall that just came out last week on all Wrangler/Gladiators and they need to replace some specific electrical part before any could go out the door, and they're having delays in getting enough of this specific mystery electric part. He didn't seem terribly confident in his answer, and didn't know anything about the specifics of what part it may actually be beyond that it's definitely not related to the manual transmission recall, but applies to ALL JL and JT models.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Dealer said all their customer orders for wranglers are getting delayed at the storage point. It isnt just the 4XE. It supports the recall theory.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Was at a Jeep dealership earlier today, and when I asked about these delays on the 4xe, the salesperson said there was a recall that just came out last week on all Wrangler/Gladiators and they need to replace some specific electrical part before any could go out the door, and they're having delays in getting enough of this specific mystery electric part. He didn't seem terribly confident in his answer, and didn't know anything about the specifics of what part it may actually be beyond that it's definitely not related to the manual transmission recall, but applies to ALL JL and JT models.
The only recall is for the manual JL/JTs, recall Y01. The 4xe is not affected by a recall.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

KaiyaKai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chief Blue Rubicon 4XE
The only recall is for the manual JL/JTs, recall Y01. The 4xe is not affected by a recall.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares
Any idea what the hold up is? Seems odd some have sat in storage for 3 weeks or more.

OP
OP

greensprit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, 4xe on order
Thanks for confirming that Kaitlin! Any insight into what is holding up the 4xes then?

JayKay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I have seen a 4xe here and there with a sticker on crypto, but until one of those people actually post their sticker I wont put much money behind it.
All of the 4XEs Iā€™ve seen with a sticker on crypto are Canadian builds. Not sure what that means, but I havenā€™t found a single one with a sticker that is U.S. bound.

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
All of the 4XEs Iā€™ve seen with a sticker on crypto are Canadian builds. Not sure what that means, but I havenā€™t found a single one with a sticker that is U.S. bound.
More corroborative evidence that this could be an EPA delay. The EPA is a US agency and, as I understand it, doesnā€™t technically have jurisdiction over Canadian vehicles, correct?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
If you look closely at that build, it shows it is Canadian. As @JayKay mentioned above, I donā€™t think weā€™ve seen any US cryptostickers yet.
Correcting myself here. I just spotted this US build posted to cryptostickers just yesterday...

If youā€˜re in LA, and ordered a Sahara 4xe with tan soft top on 1/2/21, your Snazzberry milkshake is almost ready: https://cryptostickers.net/default?nick=4xeS

Last edited:

trainsafe

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
I can hazard a guess. ā€something something because of covid something somethingā€

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires