Sponsored

What's the hardest Jeep mod/install you've ever done?

TIMEOUT

First Name
ALLAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 TJ RUBICON - 2022 JL RUBICON
Occupation
Self-unemployed
Another vote for the M.O.R.E Dead Petal. The RockHard front bumper is a close second. Without a hoist and short arms (apparently) and little room to swing a wrench, I was happy to have that one done too.

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
All these people complaining about the MORE dead pedal make me grateful for the Hooke off-road one on Amazon. One bolt that I just reached up with a flex head racheting wrench and about 2-3 minutes of turning it was on and installed.

kbp810

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Clutch and supercharger install on a JK in same weekend. Despite enormous underbody cleaning efforts; dirt still fell like crazy the entire time; then there was a fair share of seized bolts and snapped bolts along the way; after new clutch and throw out bearing was in, transmission didn’t want to line up to save its life… finally got that in; realized tore the seal on slave cylinder putting it back in; had to call all over to finally find one locally; then that one leaked too! Finally get another one. Go to test drive, hear “click click click!” Somehow the position sensor was hitting the flywheel; had to find a replacement sensor. After all that… it was finally time to start in on super charger install. That thankfully at least that was fairly straightforward.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
The Oracle sidetrack lighting. The double wall grommet on the passenger side is a bitch. I refuse to do one ever again.

What’s funny is, at the end of the day, @chevymitchell had to fix the wiring cause my brother and I didn’t crimp the t-tap properly :facepalm:

Jeep Wrangler JL What's the hardest Jeep mod/install you've ever done? 5AFE6B8C-D98E-4F69-8832-FFD32C7AC70F

Sponsored

ITCowboy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU
Dead pedal, definitely. Do you have any idea how hard it is for a 6’2” guy like me to squeeze under there to turn a bolt?! Torture. :LOL:
I agree! 6 foot guy here. I’ve installed a lift, front bumper, winch, fenders…. Dead pedal was hardest!

drrags

First Name
Arno
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR, 2022 JKUR
Occupation
Retired
Probably for me was the Off Road Only air suspension on my JK. That took a solid 3 days.

64Chevy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 JKUR, '64 C10 stepside,'13 911 C4S, '18 GT350
LOD rock sliders on my JKUR. They are heavy but they required (IIRC) drilling and tapping 5 holes on each side (in addition to messing around with where they should be in relation to the skidplates. Laying on the ground trying to drill a vertical hole into the frame rail is tough. I finally figured out that I could use a hydraulic floor jack to help exert more force on the drill--it was still hard though.

kkarnage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392, 2020 JLUR, 2015 JKR
Occupation
Retired
AEV front and rear bumpers, specifically the wide ones.

So. Many. Parts.
So. Many. Steps.
So. Little. Room. To. Work.
Incomplete Instructions.

They look beautiful, make no mistake, and I LOVE the aesthetic, but fuck me they were a PITA to install.

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Difficult? (Most time consuming or most pain in the ass)
In no particular order:
Ford 8.8 Axle swap/ Prep/ Set up in my 98 TJ (someone else pulled the axle, and did the pinion set up welding, and shot it with paint. I cut all the bracketry off, dumped and cleaned out the old diff fluid, and sand blasted the entire axle).
Clutch replacement in my TJ Rubi
Driveshaft uJoints on my TJs
Axleshaft uJoints on my buddy's LJ
Caliper replacement on my TJ's
Gas Tank skid on my TJ's

2.5" Lift on my JLUR (took a while and we were also dragging)
Rear Bumper disassembly on my JLUR (lots of stupid little screws, bolts, and clips to get the rear plastic bumper off).
A few of the DIY solutions I've gone through there was a lot of trial and error, as well.

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
1. Frame off on my CJ7 - including a NV4500 conversion from Dodge to Chevy main shaft, frame reinforncements, Chevy Vortec install, custom dash, D60, Waggy D44, etc. Took *years*.

2. LS Swap on my JK. That took months of nights & weekends. Also helped to finalize a divorce. ;-)
Sponsored