Sponsored

What's the hardest Jeep mod/install you've ever done?

TorturedMargot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL, 2013 Dodge Charger R/T
Clubs

Surprised to see so many having issues with a dead pedal installation. I understand it's tight under there, I'm a large 6' 2" man. But with an extension and impact wrench, it was a 5 minute install for me. Cheap one on amazon, sturdy as hell and feels great on my foot.

All the installs on the JL have been pretty simple, but for whatever reason, the right-hand factory mounting hole for my steering stabilizer is off-angle, so when I installed my FOX Factory Series ATS Stabilizer, the bolt did not thread as it should. That was frustrating, but I think I can fix it.

EDIT: I totally forgot, replacing the kick panel speakers was so annoying. I didn't tear the dash apart, I used a guide from a user on this forum. Still, it was a nightmare.

climbkili

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
For me it's a toss up between the 3" lift kit and the Demco flat tow brake system. Both are a challenge to do solo.

Sponsored

Nodak99

First Name
JOHNNY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
After modding suspensions and audio on Audis, most of the Jeep is cake.
But for some reason, every time I've had to pull the sub panel from the back I have cursed it like a madman trying to get it to go back in right.
I will concur. Audi's can be a nightmare. I have a C6 S6 with the V10 and that car has been in pieces in my garage more than it's been on the road.

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
EDIT: I totally forgot, replacing the kick panel speakers was so annoying. I didn't tear the dash apart, I used a guide from a user on this forum. Still, it was a nightmare.
This wasn't necesaarily my hardest, but that was - by far - the one that resulted in the most injuries. My hands looked like they were put in a Ninja Blender!

TorturedMargot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL, 2013 Dodge Charger R/T
Clubs

This wasn't necesaarily my hardest, but that was - by far - the one that resulted in the most injuries. My hands looked like they were put in a Ninja Blender!
Yeah man, same here. So many sharp metal crossbars and other nefarious edges. That was the first mod I did, too.

The upside was, gutting the sound bar enclosure with a ritozip was both a lot of fun, and scary as hell. Those things don't play around.

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
I will concur. Audi's can be a nightmare. I have a C6 S6 with the V10 and that car has been in pieces in my garage more than it's been on the road.
Nice! Tearing into those can be intimidating, I do have a great deal of respect for the German engineers...except for BMW. I hate working on BMWs.
My last Audi was a B8.5 RS5, 4.2l V8...I miss that car.

Red Rubicon 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 Rubicon XR
Occupation
retired
My hardest mod was setting up my new 2022 Rubicon 392 XR to be towed 2000 miles home in a Walmart parking lot with 85F degree temperature and 85 percent humidity.

Sponsored

me109stock

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6-Speed Manual; 2008 Ford F450; 2003 Porsche Boxster S
Vehicle Showcase
Custom Fabricated Shackle Mounts for my stock metal front bumper. Building them wasn't the hard part, attaching them with Grade 8 hardware to replace the stock was a PITA. Tight spaces to feed the bolts through, and on one I had literally one flat of a box end wrench movement to tighten the nut - I got ratcheting box ends right after that mod... They are powder coated now along with lots of other custom made goodies on the front bumper. This was also one of my first mods to the beast.

JLUR Custom Shackle Mounts.jpg

me109stock

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6-Speed Manual; 2008 Ford F450; 2003 Porsche Boxster S
Vehicle Showcase
Custom Fabricated Shackle Mounts for my stock metal front bumper. Building them wasn't the hard part, attaching them with Grade 8 hardware to replace the stock was a PITA. Tight spaces to feed the bolts through, and on one I had literally one flat of a box end wrench movement to tighten the nut - I got ratcheting box ends right after that mod... They are powder coated now along with lots of other custom made goodies on the front bumper. This was also one of my first mods to the beast.

Jeep Wrangler JL What's the hardest Jeep mod/install you've ever done? JLUR Custom Shackle Mounts
That bottle opener on the license plate was a tough one too! Hahaha

Apexcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500
Technically not a super hard install but I was very nervous cutting chunks off of the seat rails of the driver's seat to put in the Desert Does It seat slammers on my 1 week old Jeep.

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
Not on a Jeep but on an old Lexus to replace the serpentine belt you have to remove the light, bumper, inner fender and other parts of the engine. 104 degree day and when I was finished I realized that I mixed them up after comparing their sizes and re-installed the old belt instead of the new one.

Jeep Wrangler JL What's the hardest Jeep mod/install you've ever done? 1659992900544
I'm sorry, but that literally made me LOL. That is exactly the type of thing I would have done and then been cursing and muttering the entire time I was switching it.
Sponsored