Sponsored

What's the first thing I should do with my new love?!

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Twill Bestop Sunrider for JL Hardtops is the best mod I have made.

It is only 6 extra bolts to remove when going topless, is easier to open than Freedom panels, so it great if rain pops up and there is no need to tie up cargo space transporting the Freedom panels around either.
This is a fantastic idea. I don't think the Freedom panels are much of a pain. But you are right on when talking about tying up cargo space. I envision a lot of baseball tournament traveling this summer with my boys, and those baseball bags aren't small. Especially the catcher bags.
Sponsored

Kmutschler

First Name
Kelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon
This pretty lady - ā€˜Rubi Bluā€™ - is almost a week old and has 400 miles on her. I am looking to put in a hoist and trying to find the best set up for ease of on/off and storage. Also would like side steps as itā€™s a little high for me.[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

2F30593A-6E4D-4864-B23F-2D102F0348AC.jpeg

66614C07-6524-4FB4-AF77-B1EE913740C4.jpeg

KingCon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon jl
My new Sahara is being cleaned up as we speak and I'll be driving it off the lot this afternoon. I couldn't be more excited! But my mind is all over the place. I have a bunch of accessories to install, a hoist to put up, stickers to put on, and kids to pick up from school. I want to take the hardtop and doors off since it is 60 degrees today in Wisconsin, but we are getting a ton of snow in just two days! Is this what my life's become and my new first world problems?
Take her top off

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
This pretty lady - ā€˜Rubi Bluā€™ - is almost a week old and has 400 miles on her. I am looking to put in a hoist and trying to find the best set up for ease of on/off and storage. Also would like side steps as itā€™s a little high for me.[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

2F30593A-6E4D-4864-B23F-2D102F0348AC.jpeg

66614C07-6524-4FB4-AF77-B1EE913740C4.jpeg
I just installed the Harken Hoister over the weekend. The install was not very easy, but part of that is my lack of handyman skills. But once I got it installed, it works great. I love having the hardtop hoisted to the ceiling and using zero storage space in the garage.

Sponsored

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Congrats and welcome! First and foremost, verify the air pressure, many come with 40+ from the factory, mine were at 48. Reduce to proper amount for best handling, safety, and stability. And then replace that god awful radio antenna with a shorter and black version. And get a phone mount, which ever one you like.

Lights provide the next greatest functionality. Not sure if you got the LED package or not. If you didnā€™t, get replacement headlights, and then also a light bar or lights installed on the bumper are great additions. I live in a heavy forested and thus have lots of animals in the area, so lights are a must for me, I use them often, especially in winter.

I am not too familiar with Saharaā€™s, not sure if they come with rock rails. To prevent door dings from cars and other mid height SUVs, I did rock rails early on. Yes, the main idea is to prevent damage from rocks when on trails, but for on pavement purposes, the rock rails are great at protecting against idiots who open their doors to wide and damage your vehicle.

If you got the hard top, I also vote for the Bestop Trektop, I did it over the weekend and the sun rider is awesome, as well as the custom look of the fast back.

For me, the next upgrade that was highest priority was wheels and tires. Nothing customizes the look of the Jeep more than wheels and tires, and if you want to keep and use the stock tires, then just new wheels that also provide offset to widen the stance of the vehicle, and custom wheel look.

Raider Rack for the back tailgate, install some Molle bags so you can carry a First Aid kit. I donā€™t care if you never wheel or off-road, First Aid Kits are a must for me, as a first responder. And you can put some tools or a bottle opener! ;-)

I also added some protection for the underside, I did the MetalCloak FAD skid plate, and rear pumpkin skid plate. Even if you are staying mostly on pavement, I definitely recommend the FAD skid plate, the stock one is useless.

Lastly for initial stuff. Not sure which bumper you have, but replacing the front bumper adds functionality (over the plastic bumper if you have that), additional protection, and a custom look.

With a Shara, and you did lights, rock rails, wheels, Bestop, and front bumper, that would be one sharp Jeep.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Congrats and welcome! First and foremost, verify the air pressure, many come with 40+ from the factory, mine were at 48. Reduce to proper amount for best handling, safety, and stability. And then replace that god awful radio antenna with a shorter and black version. And get a phone mount, which ever one you like.

Lights provide the next greatest functionality. Not sure if you got the LED package or not. If you didnā€™t, get replacement headlights, and then also a light bar or lights installed on the bumper are great additions. I live in a heavy forested and thus have lots of animals in the area, so lights are a must for me, I use them often, especially in winter.

I am not too familiar with Saharaā€™s, not sure if they come with rock rails. To prevent door dings from cars and other mid height SUVs, I did rock rails early on. Yes, the main idea is to prevent damage from rocks when on trails, but for on pavement purposes, the rock rails are great at protecting against idiots who open their doors to wide and damage your vehicle.

If you got the hard top, I also vote for the Bestop Trektop, I did it over the weekend and the sun rider is awesome, as well as the custom look of the fast back.

For me, the next upgrade that was highest priority was wheels and tires. Nothing customizes the look of the Jeep more than wheels and tires, and if you want to keep and use the stock tires, then just new wheels that also provide offset to widen the stance of the vehicle, and custom wheel look.

Raider Rack for the back tailgate, install some Molle bags so you can carry a First Aid kit. I donā€™t care if you never wheel or off-road, First Aid Kits are a must for me, as a first responder. And you can put some tools or a bottle opener! ;-)

I also added some protection for the underside, I did the MetalCloak FAD skid plate, and rear pumpkin skid plate. Even if you are staying mostly on pavement, I definitely recommend the FAD skid plate, the stock one is useless.

Lastly for initial stuff. Not sure which bumper you have, but replacing the front bumper adds functionality (over the plastic bumper if you have that), additional protection, and a custom look.

With a Shara, and you did lights, rock rails, wheels, Bestop, and front bumper, that would be one sharp Jeep.
Wow, thanks for all the ideas! I am definitely glad I went with the LED package as the lights are tremendous. I may just add a light bar in the cargo area. I didn't think about the rock rails or skid plate, but will definitely look into them and add them to my "wants" spreadsheet. And at some point, the Trektop too.

I've already replaced the antenna with a shorty, and glad I did so. I also added a bottle opener into the cargo area, because why not!

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Wow, thanks for all the ideas! I am definitely glad I went with the LED package as the lights are tremendous. I may just add a light bar in the cargo area. I didn't think about the rock rails or skid plate, but will definitely look into them and add them to my "wants" spreadsheet. And at some point, the Trektop too.

I've already replaced the antenna with a shorty, and glad I did so. I also added a bottle opener into the cargo area, because why not!
I meant to include the Brawlee light for the cargo area, definitely helps. Only issue is, mine is now sitting with the top in my Garage since I installed the Trektop. I would look for options that attach to the roll bar instead, now that I learned this. ;-)

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
I meant to include the Brawlee light for the cargo area, definitely helps. Only issue is, mine is now sitting with the top in my Garage since I installed the Trektop. I would look for options that attach to the roll bar instead, now that I learned this. ;-)
Damn good comment. I just hoisted my hardtop up yesterday, so cargo lighting on the back window isn't going to help me. One thing I don't like about the soft top is not having that easy-to-open back window for cargo, or let's say St. Bernards.

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Damn good comment. I just hoisted my hardtop up yesterday, so cargo lighting on the back window isn't going to help me. One thing I don't like about the soft top is not having that easy-to-open back window for cargo, or let's say St. Bernards.
Yeah, I could see the rear window thing would be a pain. I donā€™t have dogs and rarely put big things in there, maybe a couple times of the year, like at Moab. Groceries work, no issues. ;-)
Sponsored