Sponsored

What's the first thing I should do with my new love?!

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Remember the snow is still 2 days away! why worry now! A different kind of enjoyment of driving the Jeep in two days!!!

Install that hoist, take off the top, and pick your kids in the Jeep! Enjoy today!!!!
Installing the hoist definitely seems to be a weekend job. It is a little bit intimidating to this accountant, who probably has less than average handyman skills. Here's to hoping the YouTube tutorial is adequate!

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
I've already started a spreadsheet of hopeful modifications down the road, because what accountant wouldn't use a spreadsheet?
LOL. I have the same spreadsheet by PHASE.
Phase I: what do I need to go topless - hoist, Alien Sunshade, grab bars (just cause)
Phase II: recovery - upgrade steel Rubi front bumper or new aftermarket, winch and accessories
Phase III: wheel / tire / suspension
Phase IV: rear bumper / tire carrier
Phase V: .....

One thing / phase at a time. IT IS about the journey.

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
1. Floor mats....easier to clean than the carpet.
2. Screen protector for the info-tainment screen......before you scratch it or mark it permanently with your favorite buttons.
Those two things will get used more than any other accessory or modification you do.
Enjoy the ride !

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
1. Floor mats....easier to clean than the carpet.
2. Screen protector for the info-tainment screen......before you scratch it or mark it permanently with your favorite buttons.
Those two things will get used more than any other accessory or modification you do.
Enjoy the ride !
Is a screen protector really necessary? I had a touch screen in my 09 ram for 9 years and it looked as good as new when I traded it in.

Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
First things first....second mortgage on your home. Then a few few high-limit credit cards.

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
Is a screen protector really necessary? I had a touch screen in my 09 ram for 9 years and it looked as good as new when I traded it in.
Before taking delivery of my Jeep, I was in the forum here and there were enough New JL owners that were warning about scratching the screen....particularly leaving "permanent" marks where the most used buttons were. All of them were advising to install the screen protector as soon as possible. They were not getting cooperation from the dealerships on what appeared to be obvious inferior touch screens and they were stuck with what they had.
I have NO personal experience with a scratched screen....but I have had a screen protector on it since the moment of Delivery.
There are/were plenty of posts on this forum that cover the screen / scratches....pre-mature wear of the screen.
$12 for a pair of screen protectors is cheap insurance.

Nyjet123

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
First thing I always do is christen my Jeeps by finding a mud pit and wearing it the hell out.

After it's covered top to bottom in mud and you've barely gotten out of the pit under the Jeep's own power, THEN you can wash it, detail it, love it, treat it like a baby.
Did this, love this, except don’t kill it in the first mud puddle lmao, those crossmembers dent easier then foil

19SaharaLady

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Congrats!! I have had mine 2 weeks today - sun shades came yesterday - I am in Nebraska - no need yet - but eyeballing the all weather and the screen protector is probably a good idea - we're doing a garage overhaul and putting in a hoist - come on summer!!!! What color did you get??

Chomper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
My new Sahara is being cleaned up as we speak and I'll be driving it off the lot this afternoon. I couldn't be more excited! But my mind is all over the place. I have a bunch of accessories to install, a hoist to put up, stickers to put on, and kids to pick up from school. I want to take the hardtop and doors off since it is 60 degrees today in Wisconsin, but we are getting a ton of snow in just two days! Is this what my life's become and my new first world problems?
Twill Bestop Sunrider for JL Hardtops is the best mod I have made.

It is only 6 extra bolts to remove when going topless, is easier to open than Freedom panels, so it great if rain pops up and there is no need to tie up cargo space transporting the Freedom panels around either.

Sponsored

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR Mojito, 1993 YJ, 2001 Ram 2500, 2012 Ram Dually , 2014 Durango
Occupation
Retired
Before taking delivery of my Jeep, I was in the forum here and there were enough New JL owners that were warning about scratching the screen....particularly leaving "permanent" marks where the most used buttons were. All of them were advising to install the screen protector as soon as possible. They were not getting cooperation from the dealerships on what appeared to be obvious inferior touch screens and they were stuck with what they had.
I have NO personal experience with a scratched screen....but I have had a screen protector on it since the moment of Delivery.
There are/were plenty of posts on this forum that cover the screen / scratches....pre-mature wear of the screen.
$12 for a pair of screen protectors is cheap insurance.
Where did you get the screen protectors?

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Congrats!! I have had mine 2 weeks today - sun shades came yesterday - I am in Nebraska - no need yet - but eyeballing the all weather and the screen protector is probably a good idea - we're doing a garage overhaul and putting in a hoist - come on summer!!!! What color did you get??
Went with black exterior, then black/tan interior. I'm kind of boring when it comes to colors.

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax