Sponsored

What's the durability/reliability of a JL that is doing 20,000 miles a year?

GuyLafleur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Black
Hello all, sorry for the noobish question.

I love my jeep a LOT. but I am about 8,000 from the end of the warranty and was wondering if I should change for another one, or is keeping the one I moded and drove for the last year and half a better choice.

What I am wondering is that I do a lot of miles per year as I work on the road. The gas is not a problem, it's the wear and tear that concerns me. So far I have not had a single thing to do on it that wasn't planned, but as the warranty end looms ahead, I started to wonder if I'd start to have weird issues with it.

I've never had a jeep before, so unsure if I can ride this thing for 200,000 miles before the engine explode (I have the 3.6l from 2019). I understand about parts needing replacement and I'm fine with it. I'm talking major repairs and the likes.

Again, my Jeep drives like it just got out of the dealer and have no complain whatsoever. Just want to plan ahead a bit.

Thanks a lot!
Sponsored

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just under 40k miles in my 2019 JLUR w/2" lift and 35's. No issues other then the TSB's. Fingers crosssed!!

Ronin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2016 JK
From a purely financial perspective , it is almost always advised that you keep a non problematic vehicle than to lay down $30-$60k for a new one. You can make a lot of repairs for that amount of cash. Even more so if financing.
If it's from a downtime for repairs perspective, meaning that you'll have issues without having this vehicle during repairs, or really needing the reliability because you're often in the middle of nowhere, then I would seriously think about it.

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Your 20k highway miles is like 2k of my city miles and if yours is still running great. Keep it. The v6 should last a long time.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
I’m pushing 50k in 16 months of ownership. (At 47k). No issues beyond clutch pressure plate (fixed in sept while still on warranty) and electric sway bar disconnect stopped working (also fixed in sept, and is heading back again for same issue) otherwise it’s been great. I did purchase an extended warranty being mine was up just after I hit the year Mark. Keep it maintained and you should be good

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
The 3.6L has been around since 2011 when it came out with the redesigned WK2 and it's a formidable engine. We are at 145K on my wife's 2012 WK2 with minimal issues.
Sponsored