Sponsored

What's the difference between 3.5" & 4.5" Rancho Crawler lifts?

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe the better question is why is the 4.5" (RS66125B) lift only for the non-Rubicon models and the 3.5" (RS66123B) for the Rubicon model? Why can't/shouldn't you put the 4.5" version on the Rubicon?
quadratec link: https://www.quadratec.com/p/rancho/...rm-lift-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl-4-door-unlimited
I believe they are basically the same kit. The springs are the same and given the already higher Rubi suspension you'll only net 3.5". Put those same springs on a Sport/Sahara and you will net 4.5".
Park a Rancho 3.5" lifted Rubicon next to the Rancho 4.5" lifted Sport/Sahara and they'll be the same height. Make sense?
I think there's a few different parts in the kit; maybe the bump stops are different due to the different fenders, but they are essentially the same.

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
"This kit will add 3.5” of lift to a Rubicon, and 4.5” to a Sport or Sahara model."

What ExitLeft said is dead on.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I believe they are basically the same kit. The springs are the same and given the already higher Rubi suspension you'll only net 3.5". Put those same springs on a Sport/Sahara and you will net 4.5".
Park a Rancho 3.5" lifted Rubicon next to the Rancho 4.5" lifted Sport/Sahara and they'll be the same height. Make sense?
I think there's a few different parts in the kit; maybe the bump stops are different due to the different fenders, but they are essentially the same.
Exactly; same goes for the 2"/3.5" kit; we need to remember the JLUR is basically lifted 1.5" from the factory.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Exactly; same goes for the 2"/3.5" kit; we need to remember the JLUR is basically lifted 1.5" from the factory.
@River City Offroad
@RanchoShocks
I get the 1” difference between rubicon and Sahara for the 3.5/4.5” But why did it suddenly become 1.5” for the 2”/3.5”. Did they suddenly start measuring between a sport vs rubicon for this one? According to Jeep, Saharas are only 0.8” lower than Rubicon. Factory spec says 11” ground clearance on Sahara and 11.8” on Rubicon. Keeping it consistent to avoid confusions like this would be nice.

Sponsored

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
@River City Offroad
@RanchoShocks
I get the 1” difference between rubicon and Sahara for the 3.5/4.5” But why did it suddenly become 1.5” for the 2”/3.5”. Did they suddenly start measuring between a sport vs rubicon for this one? According to Jeep, Saharas are only 0.8” lower than Rubicon. Factory spec says 11” ground clearance on Sahara and 11.8” on Rubicon. Keeping it consistent to avoid confusions like this would be nice.
I will let Rancho answer that one. I don't want to convolute anything or put words in their mouths. :)

Marcus

RanchoShocks

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
LCOG ;)
OK
So on our SPORT systems there are differences in the system (mainly a different bump stop between the too)
On our CRAWLER system they are the same.

@River City Offroad
@RanchoShocks
Sponsored