Sponsored

What's the best thing you ordered on your Wrangler

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
I bought my Jeep off the dealer lot, and the thing I like most about it is that it is truly a very basic Jeep, with all the parts I wanted, and none of the parts that I didn't want. It is an Unlimited Rubicon with just two options, the hard top, and an auto transmission, and that is it. I like the fact that I bought a new Rubicon for less money than 5 year old JK's with 50,000 miles on them are selling for these days. I like the fact that it is not overloaded with quite so many of the pain in the a$$ electronic sensors and other crap. I'm glad that it doesn't have any of extra "safety" features, which for me are more of a nuisance than a benefit. This is perfect for me, it already has 33" MT tires, lockers, sway bar disconnect, and low gearing. It also already has air conditioning, auto climate control, delay wipers, cruise control, power windows, and power door locks. It is far more luxurious in base trim than any of the other Jeeps I've owned in the last 47 years since I bought my first Jeep.
Sponsored

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
There is a pretty good thread on this forum about adding Proximity Locks. I highly recommend Proximity.

It kills me that some $20K econoboxes have keyless or proximity locks and ignition as standard equipment.

It is criminal JEEP does not offer the Proximity Locks as standard equipment on a $45K-$50K+ Sport or WILLYS. Not to mention a standard hood lock or locking gas cap across the entire Wrangler product line. CHEAP BASTARDS!
Agree on all of it.

I have been looking through the threads, shouldn't be a huge thing to do, my biggest decision is to Tazer or try to convince the dealer to add it to my "build". Not sure they actually will....

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say my favorite thing ordered was the Jeep itself, but the led lighting package is one of my favorite factory add-ons. It's my 1st vehicle with dedicated led projector headlights and they are awesome. My previous vehicle was my 1st brand new vehicle ever. It had projector housings with halogen bulbs that I swapped to a set of auxbeam LEDs. It was an OK upgrade, but only a marginal improvement over the yellowish halogens. My first night drive with these lights amazed me at how bright and wide the pattern was.
Reading others speak of the backup safeties brought a thought to mind.

I'm the type that prefers a properly adjusted set of mirrors over any camera or sensor alerts. At the same time, I've found that I pay more attention to them as increased tire size has blocked more and more of the back window. Couple that to suspension lift, and I can now have a 6' full grown guy standing behind the Jeep and I'd never know it until I heard the screams.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Right now it does not matter if Proximity is "available" as an option on a Sport. You still might not get it on some models even if Proximity is available for Sport models. Not without ordering the Dual Door group. You have to order the Dual Doors to get Proximity on a Sport now. Probably due to the parts shortages?

Or Jeep is forcing us into more expensive options and/or models.
I've witnessed colors and interior/exterior options come and go just in the 12 month period since I took delivery of my JLU last October. So I've long since given up expecting that what I want might be available, or not, at any given time. I've never seen an OEM play reindeer games with vehicle equipment as I've observed with FCA and now Stellantis. What effect, if any, supply issues have on the matter is probably an academic discussion at this point.

I bought my Jeep off the dealer lot, and the thing I like most about it is that it is truly a very basic Jeep, with all the parts I wanted, and none of the parts that I didn't want.

It is an Unlimited Rubicon with just two options, the hard top, and an auto transmission, and that is it.

it already has
33" MT tires
lockers
sway bar disconnect
low gearing
air conditioning
auto climate control
delay wipers, cruise control
power windows
power door locks.

It is far more luxurious in base trim than any of the other Jeeps I've owned in the last 47 years since I bought my first Jeep.
There's nothing "basic" about what you describe here, mate, as you functionally acknowledge in that last sentence. ;)

Futura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata RF, Ridgeline
First time Wrangler owner who only ordered 3 major options on our 6 speed JLR. The premium soft top, painted fenders and heated seats/steering wheel. The minor options were floor/cargo mats and plastic door sills.

While I haven't used them much, the heated seats are the best that I've experienced.

Sponsored

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
I have to say that one of the best features I ordered my 21 JLU with was the heated seats and steering wheel. In my 43 years of driving I've never had a vehicle with that feature and on chilly mornings like this morning (47 degrees out) I'm loving it!! The 2nd best thing I ordered was the 6 speed manual! What is the best thing that you all ordered your Wrangler with?
My absolute favorite option I ordered on my 2021 JLUR is the Sky-One Touch top. I was showing a picture of the vehicle to some of my co-workers in a Zoom meeting last week and they were all so impressed. They aren’t Jeep people so they didn’t know a power top option was available.

bondijoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe - Sarge Green
Another vote for Sky one touch. Use it on every ride unless it’s raining. Having the roof open is my favorite part of owning a Jeep, and the thing that made me sell my Tacoma and join the Jeep family.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Another vote for Sky one touch. Use it on every ride unless it’s raining. Having the roof open is my favorite part of owning a Jeep, and the thing that made me sell my Tacoma and join the Jeep family.
If the power mechanism for the SOT should fail while the top is fully or even partially open, did FCA provide an accommodation to manually retract (close) the fabric?

Sponsored

sixspeed

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JL
I have to say that one of the best features I ordered my 21 JLU with was the heated seats and steering wheel. In my 43 years of driving I've never had a vehicle with that feature and on chilly mornings like this morning (47 degrees out) I'm loving it!! The 2nd best thing I ordered was the 6 speed manual! What is the best thing that you all ordered your Wrangler with?
The LED lights are probably the best I have had. They were standard on my current Rubicon but I added them to my previous Sport. A close second would be the heated seats which, at least to me, get HOT in 3 mode. Guess I’ll take off the doors and drive when it’s 20 degrees to get full benefit.

euravena

First Name
LONG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler
I will say Drip rail. Easy to install and very convenient on rainy days.
http://www.truckmasterdesigns.com/products.html

LatteSipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Sahara 6MT, '23 Highlander
I don't think I can pick one best option, perhaps the best thing was the opportunity to order exactly* what I wanted.
  • Cold weather package
  • Limited slip rear diff
  • 6spd manual
  • Hard top
  • Tow package w/aux switches
  • Hydro blue
  • LED headlights

*Unfortunately Selec-Trac is not available w/the manual transmission, and I prioritized the manual over Selec-Trac.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
See this video:
That video describes calibrating the SOT top, which require functioning motors. I asked if the owner has the ability to close the top manually if the motors stop working.
Sponsored

Last edited: