What's the best thing you ordered on your Wrangler

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I know I'll get chastised for this. But I absolutely love blind spot monitors. I will never have another vehicle without them. They were a necessity on my Custom order. Before I get flamed by the masses for relying on electronic safety features. I consider myself a very aware/alert driver. In all my years of driving in fact, I have never one time, not once been in a car wreck. It makes my wife nervous when I say that out loud haha.
Blind spot monitoring saved me just two days ago on the interstate. I was changing lanes (to the right), had looked in the review and passenger door mirror, checked for the little triangle light, and even turned to look over in that lane. I was clear, hit my signal and started over. When I got about halfway into the lane, my blind spot sensor beeped at me, and I stopped my lane change. Some idiot hit their horn and went flying past. Now, based on everything I checked before beginning, the speed of the driver as they went by, and the fact that my blind spot sensor didn't beep until I was halfway over, my conclusion is that I was clear when I started, and the seaward came flying up from behind and/or slid over from another lane while I was in process of changing lanes. If not for the blind spot monitor, I probably would have been hit (and probably blamed for it as well).

Having said that, the heated steering wheel, and the part of the cold weather group that automatically sets the heater to high and turns on the heated seats and heated steering wheel when remoted started at an outside temp of 40 or lower is simply genius.
Sponsored

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
My favorite option that I had rolling off the lot is the 8.4.

However, since it rolled off the lot, I've added factory LED all around, tow package, proximity, and a premium softop. And I love them all.

Xsspd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S
I know I'll get chastised for this. But I absolutely love blind spot monitors.
I agree. I also love ACC and camers. I could give or take the automatic breaking and backup sensor just because those seem to false alarm more often than work right.

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
One of the best options is one that I did not want - proximity. When I ordered it was required for Rubicons however I didn't want it at the time. I have it on other vehicles and like the convenience but was worried about camping in a RTT and people being able to walk right up to it and open the doors and even start it up. Boy was I wrong! Two things: 1) you can easily turn the option off if you want to in the menu options, and 2) Jeep's implementation of it is awesome. I can't imagine not having it now.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Irish Creig

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Unlimited
One of the best options is one that I did not want - proximity. When I ordered it was required for Rubicons however I didn't want it at the time. I have it on other vehicles and like the convenience but was worried about camping in a RTT and people being able to walk right up to it and open the doors and even start it up. Boy was I wrong! Two things: 1) you can easily turn the option off if you want to in the menu options, and 2) Jeep's implementation of it is awesome. I can't imagine not having it now.
Unfortunately when I ordered my JLU Sport S last Nov 1st it wasn't available as an option but later I noticed that it was added as an option. I wish I could've ordered it as well as the remote start.I can't have a remote start with a manual (understandably)

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Three things.

Rubicon Package,
2-Doors
Manual Transmission

Jeep Wrangler JL What's the best thing you ordered on your Wrangler Save the manuals 4

Another favorite option is the Blind Spot Monitoring System. With so many crazy drivers out there, nice to know there are some electronics watching my flanks.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
This should be available on all trim levels. I miss those the most from my Sport now that I have a Rubicon. I don't want power locks or windows. Don't even get me started on dual climate controls. It's a Jeep!
I never understood the need for dual climate controls for any vehicle. All it does is regulate against the driver and passenger's settings. The HVAC is forced to work against itself. No one is happy in smaller cabins. Plus twice as many blend-doors, servos, and other parts to go bad later.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately when I ordered my JLU Sport S last Nov 1st it wasn't available as an option but later I noticed that it was added as an option. I wish I could've ordered it as well as the remote start.I can't have a remote start with a manual (understandably)
Right now it does not matter if Proximity is "available" as an option on a Sport. You still might not get it on some models even if Proximity is available for Sport models. Not without ordering the Dual Door group. You have to order the Dual Doors to get Proximity on a Sport now. Probably due to the parts shortages? Or Jeep is forcing us into more expensive options and/or models.

Sponsored

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
Right now it does not matter if Proximity is "available" as an option on a Sport. You still might not get it on some models even if Proximity is available for Sport models. Not without ordering the Dual Door group. You have to order the Dual Doors to get Proximity on a Sport now. Probably due to the parts shortages? Or Jeep is forcing us into more expensive options and/or models.
This is what happened to me when I tried to order it on my Sport so I just ordered the kit from Allmopar and will install it myself. I checked and the wiring in the cab is already there so it shouldn’t be too bad to do.

19JTRubiconEcoDiesel

First Name
JoLHY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.8JKUX6MHD, 3.6JLUR6MPT, Deciding/waiting on Sarge JTRD or JTR4xe
Skytop. I use that button the most in this Jeep.

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is what happened to me when I tried to order it on my Sport so I just ordered the kit from Allmopar and will install it myself. I checked and the wiring in the cab is already there so it shouldn’t be too bad to do.
There is a pretty good thread on this forum about adding Proximity Locks. I highly recommend Proximity.

It kills me that some $20K econoboxes have keyless or proximity locks and ignition as standard equipment.

It is criminal JEEP does not offer the Proximity Locks as standard equipment on a $45K-$50K+ Sport or WILLYS. Not to mention a standard hood lock or locking gas cap across the entire Wrangler product line. CHEAP BASTARDS!

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
Blind spot monitoring saved me just two days ago on the interstate. I was changing lanes (to the right), had looked in the review and passenger door mirror, checked for the little triangle light, and even turned to look over in that lane. I was clear, hit my signal and started over. When I got about halfway into the lane, my blind spot sensor beeped at me, and I stopped my lane change. Some idiot hit their horn and went flying past. Now, based on everything I checked before beginning, the speed of the driver as they went by, and the fact that my blind spot sensor didn't beep until I was halfway over, my conclusion is that I was clear when I started, and the seaward came flying up from behind and/or slid over from another lane while I was in process of changing lanes. If not for the blind spot monitor, I probably would have been hit (and probably blamed for it as well).

Having said that, the heated steering wheel, and the part of the cold weather group that automatically sets the heater to high and turns on the heated seats and heated steering wheel when remoted started at an outside temp of 40 or lower is simply genius.
I don't think I am alone when I say I don't rely on BSM to 'save' me. I just have a good special sense of where cars are around me and how fast they are moving relative to me. In fact I turn the feature off right away on all vehicles that have it 'on' by default, on start up.

I suppose I compensate for not having BSM by being more aware. My last accident was 28 years ago and in between I have been driving Corvette, Camaro, M4, sport bikes, etc.. lots of zipping in and out of traffic, going faster than all other cars. On a sport bike, you develop a good special sense or you die. I know with the Wrangler, I'm driving a lot slower than average traffic so can speed past me and even sneak up on me, but I still don't see the need for BSM and am grad I saved the money.

My msrp was approaching $60K and I needed to economize (just because)... the BSM was a no brainer, and the back up sensors on a bumper that will get replaced one day, was also an easy thing to forgo. Automatic braking? Hmmm... it think there was car I owned (Mazda6)where it kicked in when needed, but I found it more dangerous the times when it kicked in when it was not needed.
Sponsored