What's the best thing you ordered on your Wrangler

BernMason

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting-gray w/ Turbocharged 2.0 L DOHC I4
Occupation
PM
Vehicle Showcase
The best thing I've done is removing my carpet and Line-X-ing the entire interior.
I am avid outdoorsperson, backpacking, hiking, fly fishing, etc. and have a black lab.
Of the years owning the Jeep, I have had the back seats up hardly at all. Coupled with the MOPAR rear mats, it is an absolute dream to clean. I have no fear on tossing gear in back, be it snow covered, wet, muddy, etc.. Wet dog? No problem.
As strange as it sounds, I feel like I save time at trailheads or parks without the tedious pre-cleaning of gear/dog/etc.. I am not saying I wallow in mud and get in, but it is definitely nice not having to clean carpet every weekend.

11/10 times I will Line-X interior of every Jeep that comes into my life.
Advertisement

Sparty

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 20 JT, 21 JLR
The best thing I've done is removing my carpet and Line-X-ing the entire interior.
I am avid outdoorsperson, backpacking, hiking, fly fishing, etc. and have a black lab.
Of the years owning the Jeep, I have had the back seats up hardly at all. Coupled with the MOPAR rear mats, it is an absolute dream to clean. I have no fear on tossing gear in back, be it snow covered, wet, muddy, etc.. Wet dog? No problem.
As strange as it sounds, I feel like I save time at trailheads or parks without the tedious pre-cleaning of gear/dog/etc.. I am not saying I wallow in mud and get in, but it is definitely nice not having to clean carpet every weekend.

11/10 times I will Line-X interior of every Jeep that comes into my life.
Line-X'd my 04 TJ and loved it. It completely opened up the realms of freedom. Not worrying about rain with the top down - sure! Dust/mud during the summer...no problem! Hose it out - yup! Not worrying about rotting out the floorboards during the salt season (winter) - you betcha!

BUT...with this JL, I'm more worried about all the electronics in the dash, etc than applying line-x and not worrying about the rain. It just seems too nice.

BernMason

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting-gray w/ Turbocharged 2.0 L DOHC I4
Occupation
PM
Vehicle Showcase
Line-X'd my 04 TJ and loved it. It completely opened up the realms of freedom. Not worrying about rain with the top down - sure! Dust/mud during the summer...no problem! Hose it out - yup! Not worrying about rotting out the floorboards during the salt season (winter) - you betcha!

BUT...with this JL, I'm more worried about all the electronics in the dash, etc than applying line-x and not worrying about the rain. It just seems too nice.
Great point on electronics.

I mentioned this on another thread but am still not good at linking/crossposting, but I *rarely* have my hardtop on except in winter months - where I live, rain is a rarity - and run the @mastertop summer combo of the Bimini/tonneau cover to supplement Line-X. I have been caught in rain and been okay with it. No real water seepage onto electronics, especially in front cab where the majority live. If any water gets in, pull drainage and good.

The main nuisance I encounter is dust, but I kinda made my bed on that one.

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler unlimited sport
Punkin.... gets a lot of attention.
Soft top- yes at 80 it does get a little noisy, but, i usually have a window cracked anyway so it doesnt bother me.
other then that mine is pretty basic sport s. i like it, i have fun with it, definitely some things ill do different on the next one.

Advertisement

Mac Haik CDJR Georgetown

Advertisement