Sponsored

What's the best snow broom/brush?

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
I just took delivery of my new rubicon and don't want to scratch up the paint on the hood with a crappy snowbrush. I do have a snowbrum with telescopic handle but its time for a new one as its looking pretty beat. Whats everyone using nowadays to clean snow off their rig?....
Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I just took delivery of my new rubicon and don't want to scratch up the paint on the hood with a crappy snowbrush. I do have a snowbrum with telescopic handle but its time for a new one as its looking pretty beat. Whats everyone using nowadays to clean snow off their rig?....

I use my garage. ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cowboy from hell

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
I like the sun reply above, but sometimes we get dumped on over a foot and the sun would take till April to melt hahaha.

Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I like the sun reply above, but sometimes we get dumped on over a foot and the sun would take till April to melt hahaha.
I moved and it seemed to do the trick, I'd give that a try before buying a lot of expensive brushes lol.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I got a Jeep so I didn’t have to worry when something scratched my paint a little.

I just use whatever extendable snow brush was near the checkout at the gas station or Autozone or whatever. They’re all disposable chineseium generally.

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
The best brush is the one in your vehicle when you need it. (Corollary of the best gun to have with you...)

I "upgrade" every couple of years at Sam's Club or Costco, putting the new one in my vehicle of choice that day. I have found folding heads to be practical for snow brushes that live behind the rear seat.

My older brushes, like the ones that don't extension lock any more, keep working with duct tape wrapped around that extension. Since I park my vehicles outside, having a fully-extended snow brush in my garage ready to go makes cleaning the vehicles off a snap. Certainly better than brushing off a snow-covered vehicle to access your snow brush!

Regarding those scratch-free sponge heads, if you have mud with stones on your Wrangler from your last off-road adventure, I suspect that dragging mud and stones across your hood might leave some evidence.

Safe travels!

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Use a ceramic coating on it, whether a high solids one or the hybrid sprays. Both will make it slide off super easy. Those sprays are super easy to use. Just make sure it's clean and clay it the first time.

Jeeb

First Name
JEEB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps!
Happy with my SnowJoe. Does the job, even with heavy wet snow, and it seems to be pretty safe for the finish. I'm still careful though, and usually leave a light layer of snow on the metal instead of trying to scrub it all away.

https://snowjoe.com/products/snow-joe-telescoping-snow-broom-with-ice-scraper

Edit: Added direct link
Sponsored

Last edited: