Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I recommend buying a sheet of clear Expel or 3M and doing your own. You can go all the way down under the door, where you are most likely to hit your feet against the Jeep.

PowerGuy

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS StingGray
I went with the Bushwacker's. It covers the rocker area and the pinch seams also

Sponsored

OP
OP
jeep In Thought

jeep In Thought

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@American Adventurist -That’s what I’m looking for too. I’d prefer not modifying something to make it work. Hahah or maybe I’m just lazy lol

OP
OP
jeep In Thought

jeep In Thought

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I recommend buying a sheet of clear Expel or 3M and doing your own. You can go all the way down under the door, where you are most likely to hit your feet against the Jeep.
@Pic18 - Yeah. I’ve been looking into this as well. I’m thinking about it. I Watched the installation videos. Not sure how well I’d do with it lol. Probably lots of trial and error to get it right. But I’m leaning in this direction. Thanks for the tip

OP
OP
jeep In Thought

jeep In Thought

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the Bushwacker's. It covers the rocker area and the pinch seams also
@PowerGuy I haven’t seen these. Just looked them up and see them on CJ Pony Parts. These are interesting. Do they interfere at all with side steps? Have any pics of what it looks like on your Jeep?

PowerGuy

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS StingGray
@PowerGuy I haven’t seen these. Just looked them up and see them on CJ Pony Parts. These are interesting. Do they interfere at all with side steps? Have any pics of what it looks like on your Jeep?
No interference with the sliders.

8A41B77F-DEFB-4F9C-9FC6-EE287E5E1BED.jpeg
1714D8FC-69F5-4469-BF5B-8D682E9FC8AC.jpeg
589C1571-7C8B-486F-8CB4-44CB84715DA9.jpeg
001CC498-7F67-4677-8941-BF1877695FF7.jpeg

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
I've been doing a little research on the door sill guards. I've seen pros and cons to a bunch of them like Mopar, Quadratec,Rugged Ridge, even on protective film, etc. I was even looking at a set on Amazon as well....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DK73QCW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

After looking at all of these I was curious to see what others feel are the best option.
I bought the Rugged Ridge (which look basically identical to the Quadratec) as they also cover the thin raised part of the painted sill that the ones on the Amazon link / Seven Sparta do not cover. I think protecting that edge is important as it will likely take a lot of abuse over time. I'm going full "belt and suspenders" by first installing continuous clear 3m protection film to the part of the sill not covered by the plastic guard under the door. I'll put it on with the top edge under the plastic guard, then extend down the face outside the door to the rock rail. Gotta make a few cuts to fit with the body seam. I'm expecting to fill the "swear" jar for that install, but hopefully it will all work out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jeep In Thought

jeep In Thought

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the Rugged Ridge (which look basically identical to the Quadratec) as they also cover the thin raised part of the painted sill that the ones on the Amazon link / Seven Sparta do not cover. I think protecting that edge is important as it will likely take a lot of abuse over time. I'm going full "belt and suspenders" by first installing continuous clear 3m protection film to the part of the sill not covered by the plastic guard under the door. I'll put it on with the top edge under the plastic guard, then extend down the face outside the door to the rock rail. Gotta make a few cuts to fit with the body seam. I'm expecting to fill the "swear" jar for that install, but hopefully it will all work out.
Sounds like a solid plan for full protection. Keep us in the loop with how it all works out

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Quadratec FTW!

100_4049.JPG

OP
OP
jeep In Thought

jeep In Thought

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s another one of the inside of the inside.

9B152402-DDD2-49DF-AE3A-92B5BA3D0245.jpeg
Thanks. Looks Good. I've got Iron Cross steps that are mounted through the body not the frame, so I'll have to see if this interferes with those.
Sponsored