Sponsored

What's the best cheap Amazon accessory you've bought?

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have just the opposite attitude. For the Jeep I would hate hood struts. People talk about round headlights and solid axles or folding windshield as "jeep heritage" but one that seems to often be missed is laying the hood all the way back against the windshield. Super easy and convenient when you're under the hood. If you're laying the hood back from the front of the Jeep rather than the side you can use the prop rod as a handle to help lay it back. For me, if they added struts and removed the prop rod I'd be annoyed. The struts would probably be another thing I took off the Jeep day one (and sit with the rear seat in the corner of my garage for the next 10+ years).
The beauty of the Redline struts is they are specifically designed for laying the hood all the way back if you want to - you literally just pop the strut off it's little ball-mount thingy and you're done, pop it back on when you want to put it back. No tools or anything, takes just 2 seconds on either side using just your fingers.
Also I didn't bother removing the hood prop, since it snaps into place and stays out of the way, no reason to take it off (though I imagine if struts had been factory standard, they'd have excluded the prop)

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
The beauty of the Redline struts is they are specifically designed for laying the hood all the way back if you want to - you literally just pop the strut off it's little ball-mount thingy and you're done, pop it back on when you want to put it back. No tools or anything, takes just 2 seconds on either side using just your fingers.
Also I didn't bother removing the hood prop, since it snaps into place and stays out of the way, no reason to take it off (though I imagine if struts had been factory standard, they'd have excluded the prop)
Bingo, The fact that the strut can disconnect so the hood can go all the way back was the final go-ahead for me. Yes, the prop is still there. The struts are not in the way of anything, and the hood actually opens up about almost an inch higher.

Oh yeah, there are times when the Jeep doesn't get driven for a few weeks and I attach the trickle charger. Couple that with my Viair air pump (attaches to the battery terminals) the hood does get opened some. Imagine it will be nice for oil changes too allowing more freedom of movement.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Are you really popping the hood that frequently?
I've a years-long habit of checking the fluid levels in our vehicles every Saturday morning. I've also raised the Wrangler's hood several times to fine tune the aim of the LED headlights that were recently installed.

The 2.0T's documented coolant leak meant that I was occasionally checking the antifreeze during the week, as a safety measure, after the engine cooled down and until I was satisfied that I wasn't one of the owners affected by this concern.

So, yes, recurrent hood raising here. :)

Just recently did I install a pair of pneumatic struts on my wife's Honda, to mimic the convenience of what the Jeep's Redline struts provide.

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR 6spd, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Build Thread
Link
I normally run redline elites on my vehicles, but I really like manual control of opening, and then gently laying the hood on the windshield of the Jeep. Maybe I'll convert some day, lol

Sponsored

Dgr401

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S - Granite Crystal
Occupation
Retired
I bought the center console tray from Amazon. I like the fact that it gives you an additional tray to the one already in the console. It makes it a lot easier to store smaller stuff that would wind up in the bottom of console.

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR 6spd, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Build Thread
Link
I bought the center console tray from Amazon. I like the fact that it gives you an additional tray to the one already in the console. It makes it a lot easier to store smaller stuff that would wind up in the bottom of console.
Jeep Wrangler JL What's the best cheap Amazon accessory you've bought? 20221128_120415

I also did something similar for extra space. Cheapo, but it works.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I'd love to have this exact accessory. Thing is, I've a holster on the right side, and my lanky right leg on the left side, to disqualify its installation. Ah, well.

SofiaGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 TJ Sahara MT, 2021 JLU Altitude MT
I made a hook to hang off the passenger seat headrest on the back of the seat. I use a Large camelback bottle with a loop on the side of the top. It's not perfect but it works for me. when I have a passenger in the back seat it will hit their leg, so not the best but it also never falls off and I don't worry about it when the doors are off.

I can take pics and post if you like
If you're willing to down grade to 40oz .....there's this

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NBKXSLL?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Sponsored

OP
OP
DHW

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Not exactly cheap, but I REALLY want these for some reason. Totally impractical and I'll likely never attach anything to them, but I find myself drawn to them. I think maybe because 1) makes it harder to bust out the window and 2) brings my Jeep one step closer to the local SWAT team stopping me on my way home and asking if they can borrow my Jeep because their vehicles "aren't tactical enough". https://a.co/d/1NkPCEl

Edit: Just noticed the first two words of the written description: "Incredibly Thickness". Now I have to buy them.

Jeep Wrangler JL What's the best cheap Amazon accessory you've bought? 1681322116480

Jeep Wrangler JL What's the best cheap Amazon accessory you've bought? 1681322158199

Last edited:

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link

Jeepiner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeepineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Jeep Wrangler JL What's the best cheap Amazon accessory you've bought? 1681322158199

I also did something similar for extra space. Cheapo, but it works.
Hey I have that same one :giggle:
Jeep Wrangler JL What's the best cheap Amazon accessory you've bought? FB54D640-4ADA-4E3B-BEA5-E7BFBEF37C77

Works great for a little bit of everything. Phone, wallet, yeet cannon, or odd bits of trash
Sponsored