Sponsored

What's the best cheap Amazon accessory you've bought?

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR (soon), Gen 2 Cummins, 22 Sport Alt. R.I.P
No joke... last night my wife was shopping on Amazon and said... "How can you have so many things in your Jeep list already when you don't even have the thing yet?"...

Just added a Viair compressor... :)
I bought rock rail/steps before mine was delivered, my wife razzed the shit out of me. Now every time she uses them she gets in, I ask how she likes the steps. She doesn't find amusing anymore.
Sponsored

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
I bought rock rail/steps before mine was delivered, my wife razzed the shit out of me. Now every time she uses them she gets in, I ask how she likes the steps. She doesn't find amusing anymore.
Hopefully the same will be true next summer when my wife and I take our planned road trip to the Grand Canyon and she parks her iPhone in one of the storage accessories I just bought. :)

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I've read so many posts about the size of the Wrangler JL fob. Is it really that big? Is it that much larger than the Renegade fob I'm carrying now??? Enquiring minds want to know...

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I've read so many posts about the size of the Wrangler JL fob. Is it really that big? Is it that much larger than the Renegade fob I'm carrying now??? Enquiring minds want to know...
Not sure about the Renegade fob but it is significantly larger than the Cherokee fob while offering no additional functionality. It is clear the design/size of the Wrangler fob was done purely for asthetics.

Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Defeats the convenience of the Fumoto Valve. But, if someone is Paranoid, this might be the ticket.
Or, just Zip Tie the lever. Zip Ties are cheap, and just clip it off, when you are ready to drain the.oil.
I went with the ValvoMax for my Jeep. Love the Fumoto valve and use it on a couple of my non off-road vehicles. I was a bit paranoid about a stick or something fouling the lever/valve on trails where I expect debris to be flying/prying in the area.

ValvoMax is not as elegant but definitely more robust.

https://www.valvomax.com/products/m...lastic-drain-tube-knob?variant=33149387964525

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR (soon), Gen 2 Cummins, 22 Sport Alt. R.I.P
It's so big I have to put a rock in the other pocket to keep my balance, haha

johndan

First Name
Johndan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR (ordered and waiting…)
Thanks--I tried it again and it worked. Weird thing is that I ran through the whole procedure and after unbuckling/buckling three times, go not chime. So I kept repeating the unbuckle/buckle procedure about eight times. Still nothing.

So I put the ignition back to off and started again. This time, I got the chime after the second unbuckle/buckle. Whatever--glad it worked.

It should work. It worked on my 22. Make sure you turn the engine to on without starting it. Then buckle your seat belt and wait for the light to go out. Then unbuckle and buckle 3 times. You should hear a chime. If you don’t hear it, buckle and unbuckle a couple more. If it still doesn’t chime start over. Once you get the chime, turn off the Jeep and you’re done.

Sponsored

Elidh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Retired Army Veterinarian
For all these nifty accessories, should we assume that, if it fits a '22 JL, it will fit a '23?

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
For all these nifty accessories, should we assume that, if it fits a '22 JL, it will fit a '23?
I've wondered that also, but from what I gather there aren't any significant changes from 22 to 23 so things should still fit. 🤞

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
No.

I do have a skid plate awaiting installation, but the thought of it acting as a deterrent for ne'er-do-wells didn't come to mind.

Same.

RAM balls should be thought of as consumables. I've several of them (the real thing) on my motorcycles, and I just noticed that at least one has aged out and is due for replacement.

Jeep Wrangler JL What's the best cheap Amazon accessory you've bought? Lighten Up Francis
The ones from 67 Designs are a 1 time investment. Made from metal.

Craigger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Clubs

Wow, this thread has been hi-jacked by the Fumoto debate and nobody has said a word. There are several other Fumoto threads, let’s get back to Jeep junk.

19Pcs Trim Removal Tool,Car Panel Door Audio Trim Removal Tool Kit, Auto Clip Pliers Fastener Remover Pry Tool Set with Storage Bag https://a.co/d/82DO8y9
Definitely agree with this one. Jeep does certain things great - building a solid trim clip isn't one of them. On my german car, I had to take apart the center console - probably 50+ clips and none broke. On the Jeep, the first time I tried to carefully remove the OH light, 1 out of the 4 clips broke :(.

Use the right tools and take your time...