Sponsored

What's the best cheap Amazon accessory you've bought?

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
@flyer92

5/8 hose clamp .... You need a good grip and say a high leverage combination pliers to get it off, so you can move the Fumoto release lever.

5-8 hose.clip.JPG
Defeats the convenience of the Fumoto Valve. But, if someone is Paranoid, this might be the ticket.
Or, just Zip Tie the lever. Zip Ties are cheap, and just clip it off, when you are ready to drain the.oil.

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased this RAM-compatible dashboard tray as a placeholder, until such time that I was willing to invest in one of the pricier, made-in-USA alternatives.

That said, I've maintained this one in the Jeep simply because it's unobtrusive and works quite well for its intended purpose.

I did voluntarily pay an extra $32 for three la carte RAM diamond-base balls and a matching double socket arm. The reviews for the dash tray suggested that the ChiCom cheapies included with the tray wouldn't work very well...and they didn't.

phone mount pack.jpg
I have this as well. It works well in general.
I learned not to leave the arms attached on the mounts all the time. During summer time, the sun softened the ball mounting and the pressure from the mounts attached distorted the ball out of round and destroyed them.

Sponsored

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
how does this work, exactly? It looks like it would replace your drain plug, and instead offer somewhat like a spigot - you just turn that little silver handle to allow oil to flow out? Any risk of that inadvertently getting opened on a trail or something?
yes and you can buy a plastic tube that attaches to the nipple and drain the oil through it. They sell small plastic guards that have to be removed before you can slide the lever to open the spigot. In addition it has a safety built in like a pistol. You have to push the lever down and to the side to open it. Its not foolproof by it self but must be manipulated more than just sliding it.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Defeats the convenience of the Fumoto Valve. But, if someone is Paranoid, this might be the ticket.
Or, just Zip Tie the lever. Zip Ties are cheap, and just clip it off, when you are ready to drain the.oil.
@DaltonGang

I have used Fumoto's over the years on airplanes, helicopters, construction equip, generators, Harley's, tractors, Jeeps and more..

With the Jeep and equipment that would be going through high grass, woods, reeded areas and in areas where there were lots of mischievous kids or asshat adults, I always kept a 5/8 hose clamp on the Fumoto valve.

Yes, you do need a good grip and a quality plier to get the 5/8 hose clamp off, but with the correct tool and know how it takes about 15 sec. to get the clamp off.

Yes, a zip tie will lock the lever in position.... but the zip-tie is more easily removed by a kid or asshat adult..

Anyway, it really is prudent/a very wise move to use a hose clamp or zip tie to secure the lever on a Fumoto.
The lever will not change position easily, but again, cheap insurance to use a zip tie or hose clamp to double secure it in place.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Obviously, a valve like this makes it easy for pranksters to drain your oil.

Is there some way to lock the mechanism to prevent a-holes from doing this?
No.

I do have a skid plate awaiting installation, but the thought of it acting as a deterrent for ne'er-do-wells didn't come to mind.

I have this as well. It works well in general.
I learned not to leave the arms attached on the mounts all the time. During summer time, the sun softened the ball mounting and the pressure from the mounts attached distorted the ball out of round and destroyed them.
Same.

RAM balls should be thought of as consumables. I've several of them (the real thing) on my motorcycles, and I just noticed that at least one has aged out and is due for replacement.

Jeep Wrangler JL What's the best cheap Amazon accessory you've bought? IMG_20220822_175040

Sponsored

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
Just curious...do you find that your leg rubs against the driver's side pocket often? I'm not a big guy, but photos of the installed organizer make it look like it could be a little annoying.
I'm 6 ft and 225lbs, so not small. I haven't had any issues with rubbing.

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner

TEAMSLO

Threads
Reaction score