Sponsored

What's the benefit of the LED lighting group?

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I love my LED lights. Of course I did add some Halogen lights to the bumper for those few times it snows (hate that hyperspace effect). Funny thing though, once I added the Hella's, we didn't get anymore snow this winter. Hmmmmmm. :like:
Sponsored

Rolling Ragu

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I was "this" close to not ordering them. However, the first night that I used them, I knew immediately what all the fuss was about. My wife's comment during her first ride was, "it's like daytime out here!".

We paid 8% below invoice. That means that the LED package was in the neighborhood of $800 for us. To have something under factory warranty for arguably less money than other comparable options. No brainer.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Every single Jeeper I've ever known complained about the stock headlights and wants to replace them so I'm happy I went with the LED blinders

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Every single Jeeper I've ever known complained about the stock headlights and wants to replace them so I'm happy I went with the LED blinders
That is an interesting observation, as I was thinking the opposite, I have never, ever, heard a Jeep owner that I know on face to face, and handshake terms, complain about their jeep headlights.

I think this may be a case of parallel universes.

Nevertheless, thank you for sharing your perspective.

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
That is an interesting observation, as I was thinking the opposite, I have never, ever, heard a Jeep owner that I know on face to face, and handshake terms, complain about their jeep headlights.

I think this may be a case of parallel universes.

Nevertheless, thank you for sharing your perspective.
You may have discovered that there are 2 very distinct Jeep cultures. This website falls firmly into one of those camps, the people you interact with in Moab may fall into the other...

Sponsored

Schism75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLU SAHARA
Love mine although paired with the fogs, they are stupid bright which is why I only use the fogs for what they are designed to do. I had to adjust the heads a half turn down because drivers were assuming I was running Hi beams. My YJ & JK headlights straight up sucked so these are a much appreciated change for me.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't get the LED kit, but wish I had. I have added aftermarket LED tail Lights and also LED Headlights that I had in my JK (pulled them before I traded), my preference is LED.

Another thing to think about, if you are looking to buy, is proximity locks/entry, I don't have this and I really wish that I did :( There is a good thread of people adding this after the fact, and once we get through this craziness, I may look into it further, but it would have been great from the factory, IMO keyless start should have keyless entry.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This is the first time I have inquired about LED lights.

Thank you.
You were also asking if the 8.4" Uconnect was worth the price. And about dealers raising prices. You work for Ford and are trying to dissuade Jeepers so they will buy the Bronco. If so can you get us a special discount?

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
You were also asking if the 8.4" Uconnect was worth the price...
This is an incorrect statement.

Here is what I said: "I am wondering what you get for $1845 when you option up to the 8.4" U-Connect.".

I never made an equation comparing what you actually get for the cost with an estimation of the value.

In that thread I learned a few details, but to tell the truth I ended up learning more elsewhere, While I do value the opinions' of others I was more interested in learning facts.

I was finally able to learn that the Alpine system includes a twelve channel amplifier with output matched to the speakers. I learned that the speakers are mounted in custom designed and fabricated enclosures. I also learned that the DSP system makes frequency domain adjustments automatically when the roof is removed.

I am still curious to learn if the system's DSP also makes time domain adjustments, but have not found any info about that.

That was the sort of helpful information I was asking for.

With regard to lighting, it seems obvious that everyone agrees that the LED package appears brighter.

If there were other details available such as the actual current draw, Lumen measurements at 100 feet, etc. I would be interested in learning about them.

I believe I will have to wait a few years to learn if LED life expectancy ratings prove true. We migrated to 90% plus implementation of LED lighting in our house over 10 years ago, and while the bulbs certainly outlast ordinary incandescent bulbs, we have experienced numerous LED failures which have occurred at a fraction of the published expectations.

I understand that the Ordering and Pricing section of this forum is probably not the place where I will find such details, but since we ready to place a custom order for a Rubicon, as I stated in the thread that you have referred too, I thought I would ask before making a purchasing decision.

Last edited:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Here is what I said: "I am wondering what you get for $1845 when you option up to the 8.4" U-Connect.".

I never made an equation comparing what you actually get for the cost with an estimation of the value.

In that thread I learned a few details, but to tell the truth I ended up learning more elsewhere, While I do value the opinions' of others I was more interested in learning facts.

I was finally able to learn that the Alpine system includes a twelve channel amplifier with output matched to the speakers. I learned that the speakers are mounted in custom designed and fabricated enclosures. I also learned that the DSP system makes frequency domain adjustments automatically when the roof is removed.

I am still curious to learn if the system's DSP also makes time domain adjustments, but have not found any info about that.

With regard to lighting, it seems obvious that everyone agrees that the LED package appears brighter.

If there were other details available such as the actual current draw, Lumen measurements at 100 feet, etc. I would be interested in learning about them.

I believe I will have to wait a few years to learn if LED life expectancy ratings prove true. We migrated to 90% plus implementation of LED lighting in our house over 10 years ago, and while the bulbs certainly outlast ordinary incandescent bulbs, we have experienced numerous LED failures which have occurred at a fraction of the published expectations.

I understand that the Ordering and Pricing section of this forum is probably not the place where I will find such details, but since we ready to place a custom order for a Rubicon, as I stated in the thread that you have refereed too, I thought I would ask before making a purchasing decision.
Making decisions on an overall package at that minute of a detail seems silly to me but to each their own.

Sponsored

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse

I understand that the Ordering and Pricing section of this forum is probably not the place where I will find such details, but since we ready to place a custom order for a Rubicon, as I stated in the thread that you have referred too, I thought I would ask before making a purchasing decision.
All of your questions can be answered by building a Rubicon in the Jeep build site. Just read about every option as you select it. Let’s be honest here...you aren’t buying a wrangler. Why would you buy something that you obviously are trying to talk yourself out of.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
you can actually see something! not to be a smart ass but Jeep stock headlights haven't changed in decades....amazing considering most all cars/trucks sold today come STANDARD with LED lights.......except Jeep. Considering the cost of a new Jeep, really they are that cheap

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
All of your questions can be answered by building a Rubicon in the Jeep build site. Just read about every option as you select it....
Not sure if you are being cynical or sarcastic.

• Daytime Running Lamp LED Accents
  • Front LED Fog Lamps
  • LED Reflector Headlamps
  • LED Tail Lamps

? details

• Daytime Running Lamp LED Accents
  • Front LED Fog Lamps
  • LED Reflector Headlamps
  • LED Tail Lamps
Sponsored

Last edited: