Sponsored

What's taking so long for JL aftermarket parts?

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
I bought these LED bulb replacements for the stock lights that come with incandescent/halogen bulbs from the factory. I didn’t catch which jl you have, but I have a Sport, thus no LED option from the factory, I found these, $140.
https://www.cjponyparts.com/redline...jeep-wrangler-jk-2007-2018-jl-2018/p/HLLED48/

Also, diode dynamics makes LED replacement bulbs for the front fender light, backup light, and brake/turn light. I got them all. Again, for the jls that came with incandescent/halogen bulbs.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
If you want to have "fun" with headroom, go to your local Mazda dealership and do a test drive in their MX-5 RF. I did that the other day and even though I'm only of average height, I bumped my head quite a bit getting in and out of the car. Not just the *top* of the head, but the *side* of it, just a bit above the ears. My old body can't made the contortions to get into that car anymore. It was a fun car to drive, but not practical. If it had been like the old RX-7 with the hatchback area and no rear seats, it would have been more "practical". "Practical" means room for 2 people and a small cooler of drinks...
Mazda designers must be very small people. I tried to test drive a Miata one time. It had enough headroom, but I could not close the driver door. There was about three inches of room between the steering wheel and the door. And my knees would not allow the door to close.

Look at the list of fun and practical cars I have owned since I was young man and each one has more headroom than the new JLU I am about to drive:

1976-Honda-Accord-Hatchback-front.jpg

1976 Honda Accord

citicar-electric-car-by-sebring-vanguard-c-car-commutacar-comutacar-2.jpg

1976 Vangard Sebring CitiCar

SDSC01076.jpg

1984 & 1988 Mustang 5.0 convertible

912370426.jpg
2007 Pontiac Solstice convertible
IMG_2039.jpg
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

I think what frost's me, is Jeep's claim that the new JLU has more headroom than the JKU. If they had one tall guy on the interior design team they could have easily avoided there short-sighted design.
FCA should at least design an aftermarket bracket to lower the seat as well as letting the seat slide backwards a few inches.
That would be a practical, profitable, and principaled way to let a few more tall guys live.

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
literally nothing out for 2 doors.
I have JL 2 door sport and have done:

Wheels and tires
Alien shade
Door sill guards
Rough Country steering stabilizer
K&N Air filter
Magnaflow muffler
Quadratec Short radio antenna
Mopar floor mats
Cobra CB radio, and Cooltech mount
LED bulb replacements for headlights, fender lights, backup lights, brake/turn lights
JCR Off-road rock sliders (ordered, scheduled to be built by end of month)

So, have done quite a bit, I think anyway. ;)

Next up:
Spyder front bumper (available today)
Front vented inside fenders (pre order)
Mopar bolt on trailer hitch
Mopar vented hood (who knows when will,be available)
PIAA RF10 10" Ion Yellow Wide-Spread Fog Beam (can’t change font on iPad, sorry)

Jeep Number 8

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hard Top and 2018 BMW 430i Hard top convertible.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I am using my 2015 front panel storage bag for the side windows buy the rear soft top window is so long and not sure it can be folded in half (without the bar).

harry17815

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep, 2017 Infinity, 2021 C8 Vette
Never mind aftermarket parts, where’s my MOPAR soft top window bag??

The one aftermarket part I did order, Lange Originals Coyote mirrors, is backordered until August. I canceled that and preordered Rugged Ridge’s offering.

Waited 6 months for my 2dr to get built, now I have to wait for parts.

Oh, well. Love my new Wrangler, so it’s worth it.
I ordered and payed for Mopar 4 door tube doors 2 months ago, and there still on back order. And still loving my new Wrangler Rubicon.

Sponsored

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Just remember, there are some locales that take a dim view of non-police vehicles with blue lights. In Texas, it seems that you are allowed to have blue as long as the actual bulb is not visible to other traffic. So, you could have it as accent lighting underneath your vehicle, but not on a bulb that was shining towards traffic where someone might mistake you for a police vehicle. I suspect that this varies by state and maybe even some cities have local ordinances that are different. Sometimes, the laws don't make sense... I've seen ones where you were required to have windshield wipers in good condition, but you weren't required to have a windshield, but if you did have one, it was not allowed to have a crack. Some places only said that the crack could not go through the driver's field of vision.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Mazda designers must be very small people. I tried to test drive a Miata one time. It had enough headroom, but I could not close the driver door. There was about three inches of room between the steering wheel and the door. And my knees would not allow the door to close.

Look at the list of fun and practical cars I have owned since I was young man and each one has more headroom than the new JLU I am about to drive:

1976-Honda-Accord-Hatchback-front.jpg

1976 Honda Accord

citicar-electric-car-by-sebring-vanguard-c-car-commutacar-comutacar-2.jpg

1976 Vangard Sebring CitiCar

SDSC01076.jpg

1984 & 1988 Mustang 5.0 convertible

912370426.jpg
2007 Pontiac Solstice convertible
IMG_2039.jpg
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

I think what frost's me, is Jeep's claim that the new JLU has more headroom than the JKU. If they had one tall guy on the interior design team they could have easily avoided there short-sighted design.
FCA should at least design an aftermarket bracket to lower the seat as well as letting the seat slide backwards a few inches.
That would be a practical, profitable, and principaled way to let a few more tall guys live.
totally , I agree
Sponsored