Sponsored

What's New For 2020 Jeep Wrangler? (Engines, Exterior, Interior & Safety)

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I’m curious.

Some seem to think that FCA is stringing diesel-hungry Jeep buyers along purposefully with their ongoing tantalizing mentions of the upcoming diesel. For years.

Announcing it when it’s available seems the way to go from all conceivable points of view to me.

How do they benefit by this silly game?

Seems to me they only lose credibility.

Many of those who wait for the diesel would buy a gasser if they knew the diesel was just “pie in the sky, by and by”, it seems to me.

Just seems stupid, I say.

Am I missing something?
Sponsored

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Any see anything about the front facing camera from the Gladiator?
I too want to know about a front facing camera. I'd like to see it come with the Gladiator Grill and Front Camera. Plus, I was hoping to see the Wayout Gator color added to the JL lineup.

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
I noticed that they snuck back to 32" tires on the Rubi too.
I asked my dealer to confirm today and he says we'll still be on 33" for my 2020. I'm in Canada so might be different. But when you look at the standard equipment in the last few pages of the order guide, it's still 33" for the rubi.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Same here. I thought Hellayella would be gone. It's almost as if their paint changeover doesn't happen so much at the change of model year as it does when they just run out of stock of color they plan to discontinue.
I think that’s exactly what they do. I was going to say they’re being cheap, not lazy, but maybe it’s just an issue of bad forecasting when they initially purchased / allocated funds towards all their various colors and they just miscalculated demand for the color(s) they planned to replace.

Yoodie

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 JLUR Mojito!
The original deck is missing a couple of additional items from the What’s New 2020 Media presentation (deck is different from those given to media).

Since it’s technically still under embargo for the media, I’ll just say there were two Sport based JK special editions that were very popular and ran for several years...
My guess: Willys and Freedom Edition (Oscar Mike). Both pretty big for the Sport Special Editions.

It will be cool to see how they look on the JL.

Sponsored

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
I too want to know about a front facing camera. I'd like to see it come with the Gladiator Grill and Front Camera. Plus, I was hoping to see the Wayout Gator color added to the JL lineup.
I just ordered a Rubicon this afternoon.

The 2020's are now being built!

But, the front camera is not ready yet.

The 2020 Jeep is already set up for a later installation, once availability is ramped up

Dalingrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer seems to think not. He mentioned the issues with VW, and such, and if it does happen it won’t be for a couple of years. We’ll see...
Frankly, if a dealer says it, then it is likely false/a lie. FCA tells the dealers nothing so they just make up stuff.
It is the same thing in this forum. One person here will predict something, then another person reads it and parrots it as truth. A good example are the 10's or 100's of posts of people saying Mojito was going to be gone for the last year and a 1/2.

IMO, the best info we have is that FCA announced the 3.0 diesel in the RAM 1500 for the 4th quarter. We've seen a 3.0D in testing on a Wranger and it is mentioned on the 2020MY primer. I do think that means there's a good chance of a diesel Wrangler is coming in the 2020MY but I don't think it will before the RAM 1500 gets it.

I’m curious.

Some seem to think that FCA is stringing diesel-hungry Jeep buyers along purposefully with their ongoing tantalizing mentions of the upcoming diesel. For years.

Announcing it when it’s available seems the way to go from all conceivable points of view to me.

Many of those who wait for the diesel would buy a gasser if they knew the diesel was just “pie in the sky, by and by”, it seems to me.

Am I missing something?
I think people underestimate the difficulty in rolling out this stuff. The lack of information/ignorance breeds conspiracies.

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
I wish it were that easy! Unfortunately, EPA, DOT, NHTSA, and all the other regulatory bullcrap says otherwise.
Otherwise I'd likely by a Toyota HiLux diesel.

Sponsored

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I've been looking at the 90s model Land Cruiser and Hilux since they're legal to import after 25 years.
Awesome vehicles. I spent a good bit of time in one in Africa, often in water over the hood on the Okavango Delta.

Never missed a beat.

I’m not mechanic enough to own one here though. I reckon a man would need to be able to do most of his own work.

turbosix

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Lol y'all worried about 2.0 etorque parts...

Manufacturers have to support vehicles and make parts to support them for at least 10 years.

You're good through 2030 if they stop supporting it after the Saharas next year.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
That diesel is near vaporware. They’ve talked about it since 2017. Each year it’s coming. Each year it isn’t here. I know they are testing it but I think that’s just to keep the belief alive.
It has been approximately 11 years since the rumors first started flying around. A lot of that had to do with the export diesels that were made for several years, a few of which escaped onto US roads. Based on what we know of FCA’s 3.0 redesign, the consistency of their quoted release timeframe for over a year now, and the road-ready undisguised examples already driving around, I’m up for a friendly wager on whether folks are ordering them in 2019...

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
I’m curious.

Am I missing something?
I wanted the diesel......but when Jeep said....next year....and again next year... I just purchased the Gas Jeep. I love my Jeep....Period. Now I’ll wait and see how the Diesel works out.....when it finally arrives. As it is now, I’ll already have a year and a half in mine before we see a diesel......if we see it that soon.....who knows when we will see it.....then we will have to wait and listen to the forum members....they are the TRUE reviewers of all things Jeep.

It will probably be later....rather than sooner, but I am looking forward to reading about the Diesel Engine.
Sponsored