Sponsored

What's New For 2020 Jeep Wrangler? (Engines, Exterior, Interior & Safety)

piloto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3S2000944S
It seems like LED headlights are standard on Sahara and Rubicons now, but it says nothing about the taillights being LED as standard. Am I reading that right?
In the order guide, it still shows the LED lighting group for $995 MSRP. I’d assume that the primer is incorrect, or maybe meant to say that LED lights are available at extra cost.
Sponsored

JLUfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon
In the name of all that is holy why no manual transmission on 2.0 Rubicon now that the BSG is out of the way?

Jeep75th

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler 75th Anniversary
87017C34-7BE6-4786-9956-DE085B7E959F.jpeg
In the order guide, it still shows the LED lighting group for $995 MSRP. I’d assume that the primer is incorrect, or maybe meant to say that LED lights are available at extra cost.
  1. Yes I saw that, but I also see an LED fog light and headlight option as a stand alone on the order guide.The LED lighting group pkg is optional on the sahara and rubicon and adds led tails and running lights. So I think you may be missing out on the running lights and taillights being LED if you just get the standard Sahara/Rubicon. If this is the case, then the sport will only have the headlight and fog light leds included in that pkg.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Is 255/75r17 the standard Rubicon tire size unless you select one of the following?

285/70r17 Falken MT Black wall
285/70r17 BFG ko2 white letter

I'd like 285/7017 black wall ATs

Last edited:

Sponsored

jameslavis

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Sport S
I have a 2019 sport S unlimites with 2.0 turbo. It has ESS. What’s the difference here?

M0ondogy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Kinda bummed that the SE were getting is the Black and Tan. Especially compared to the Moab.

JLUfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon
I have a 2019 sport S unlimites with 2.0 turbo. It has ESS. What’s the difference here?
Yours has a mild hybrid system with a belt start generator and alternator delete. This is what will be on the Sahara in 2020. The others will be “regular engines“ with ESS.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Kinda bummed that the SE were getting is the Black and Tan. Especially compared to the Moab.
Seriously :( The MOAB was a pretty sweet special edition.

I'm even more puzzled by it, because the 2020 Saharas get Etorque and the 2020 Rubicons don't, so a Moab with etorque and selectrac would be pretty neat.

Jeep75th

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bet you dollars to donuts there’s going to be another special edition based on the Sahara later in the model year. Jeep does this all the time. The altitude model was quietly released during mid 2019 model year with nobody knowing about it earlier in the model year. Even the MOAB was released at the end of 2018.

Sponsored

jameslavis

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Sport S
Yours has a mild hybrid system with a belt start generator and alternator delete. This is what will be on the Sahara in 2020. The others will be “regular engines“ with ESS.
Great thanks. Came off a canyon year that got an update the next year and I had horror stories with. Hope this gives me a long life. Glad to see it sitting in the Sahara to know it’s not completely gone.

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@Jeep75th; you beat me to the punch...I thought I remembered Sarge as a color for the JK.

M0ondogy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I bet you dollars to donuts there’s going to be another special edition based on the Sahara later in the model year. Jeep does this all the time. The altitude model was quietly released during mid 2019 model year with nobody knowing about it earlier in the model year. Even the MOAB was released at the end of 2018.
That's good to know. The Moab is exactly what I want, but I'm still a few months out from my purchase.

Hopefully they have a nice one for the mid year.

Cheers.

Jeep75th

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's good to know. The Moab is exactly what I want, but I'm still a few months out from my purchase.

Hopefully they have a nice one for the mid year.

Cheers.
Google some JK special editions to give you an idea of what they usually do. Typically they mix and match parts and decals from the Mopar parts dept lol.
Sponsored