Sponsored

What's needed to mount the Rubicon steel front bumper on my Sport?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Worked for me four times, Be sure to have a washer on the bolt. A dab of grease between the bolt and washer would help.
Gregj
Sponsored

OP
OP
jbelluccio12

jbelluccio12

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Worked for me four times, Be sure to have a washer on the bolt. A dab of grease between the bolt and washer would help.
Gregj
Sounds good I’ll give it a try

OP
OP
jbelluccio12

jbelluccio12

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ended up just using some self tapping screws to hang the plate keep it simple

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
There’s another open box up right now on the MP Concepts Aluminum Bumper. It’s not quite the deal mentioned earlier in this thread, but it’s still a decent discount. Looks like most of the scuffs are on the skid plate but some on the cans too.

Edit: I guess the link takes you to the full priced one... you can see the open box listed below the full price.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jbelluccio12

jbelluccio12

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There’s another open box up right now on the MP Concepts Aluminum Bumper. It’s not quite the deal mentioned earlier in this thread, but it’s still a decent discount. Looks like most of the scuffs are on the skid plate but some on the cans too.
All my cans and plastic pieces came pretty messed up. Almost all the clips were broken had to order all new ones came out to about 50 dollars

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
All my cans and plastic pieces came pretty messed up. Almost all the clips were broken had to order all new ones came out to about 50 dollars
Yeah I debated with myself pretty hard over the full price/brand new or open box. I probably could have saved some cash, but I went with the new one so that I (hopefully) don’t have to find replacements for anything.

OP
OP
jbelluccio12

jbelluccio12

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I debated with myself pretty hard over the full price/brand new or open box. I probably could have saved some cash, but I went with the new one so that I (hopefully) don’t have to find replacements for anything.
Honestly if you have the money just go new so much easier. You won't be guessing if you have all the part or broken part (hopefully). I was just on a budget and this happened to fit nicely.

OP
OP
jbelluccio12

jbelluccio12

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also anther question has anyone used the closeout plate. I'm thinking of modifying my stock one to see if it'll work rather then spending another $40 on the Rubicon one.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I reused the Plastic bumper close out, used a sharp utility knife and cut off the lip that attaches to the bumper and put it on.
Gregj

Sponsored

OP
OP
jbelluccio12

jbelluccio12

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I reused the Plastic bumper close out, used a sharp utility knife and cut off the lip that attaches to the bumper and put it on.
Gregj
That was my plan

Yardstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLURD, Tundra, 4Runner, Sprinter
Does anyone have concerns about galvanic corrosion with the aluminum bumper? Or are there any mitigation strategies designed in?

OP
OP
jbelluccio12

jbelluccio12

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone have concerns about galvanic corrosion with the aluminum bumper? Or are there any mitigation strategies designed in?
I really don't see that coming up as an issue with this bumper. Maybe the mount to the skid plate but that about it.

dannyp

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe Sahara
Installed the MP Concepts aluminum bumper last week. My install had some challenges and clearances are really tight for some of the nuts/bolts. Install video up at:

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Installed the MP Concepts aluminum bumper last week. My install had some challenges and clearances are really tight for some of the nuts/bolts. Install video up at:
Great video, Thanks! 2nd JL on order. Hopeful for early June delivery. Ordered Steel Group on the first JL in Jan. 2018. Couldn't justify the $1700 charge this time around. I'm ordering this bumper. I have a couple questions.

1. I'm planning on installing now and winch later. Of course I would want to mount the winch mounting plate now so I don't have to repeat later. Would I be able to leave the winch cover in place until I got ready to install a winch? Looks like I'd have to take the new skid plate off to mount the winch later also. I've answered my own question. Quit being cheap and do the winch during install. Much easier :)

2. Here's one you can answer. Have you done anything to replace the rear bumper yet? Does MP make a matching or close?

Thanks- Tod in N.W. Arkansas
Sponsored