Sponsored

What's more important to you? Offroad or Open-air

Why do you choose the wrangler as your vehicle of choice?

• Offroading capabilities

Votes: 53 44.5%
  • Open air lifestyle

Votes: 66 55.5%

• Total voters

Phenomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Off road capability because I don't even want to take the hardtop off - I'm afraid it will compromise the seals and cause leaks eventually.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I've taken my hard top off and on at least 15 times in the decade I've owned my JK. It doesn't leak at all. Not a drop.

Don't worry about it. Enjoy your Jeep and all of it's features. It should give you more smiles than worrys.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Off road capability because I don't even want to take the hardtop off - I'm afraid it will compromise the seals and cause leaks eventually.
I would argue that removing the top and reseating/tightening the seals would be a better course to keep it leak free. Took the top off my TJ 30 or 40 times, never had a problem with leaks.

Axe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 1500, 2014 FJ Cruiser
Ive always hated convertibles, but when I had my 2011 I took the doors and top off from May to October. Turns out I still hated convertibles. When it was humid and in the 90s and driving felt like someone had a blow dryer on me, I had to admit the door off top off thing was basically just for the "look at me" factor. If I get another one, the convertible aspect really has almost zero impact on me.

I just like the way they look! Now if I could convince the gf to move out west, and theres lots of wheeling opportunities, maybe a different story...

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I had to admit the door off top off thing was basically just for the "look at me" factor. If I get another one, the convertible aspect really has almost zero impact on me.
Are you saying you never ever felt the amazing free open feeling of not being restricted in a tin can?

That's like someone saying orgasms do nothing for me

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Are you saying you never ever felt the amazing free open feeling of not being restricted in a tin can?

That's like someone saying orgasms do nothing for me
LOL!!!! That reminds me of a guy who had a medical condiation that caused him to have one of those every time he sneezed. I asked him what he took for that. He said, "Pepper."

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
If I get another one, the convertible aspect really has almost zero impact on me.
Not surprising that an FJ owner wouldn’t appreciate the convertible factor. :movember:
Sponsored