Sponsored

What's more important to you? Offroad or Open-air

Why do you choose the wrangler as your vehicle of choice?

• Offroading capabilities

Votes: 53 44.5%
  • Open air lifestyle

Votes: 66 55.5%

• Total voters

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Someone posted a comment on a thread that got me thinking. They mentioned how the new Ford Bronco will be just as off-road capable as the wrangler, which may or not be true, but I was like who cares, it doesn't offer the open air lifestyle that is so important to me that the wrangler provides, so I wouldn't consider getting that instead of the wrangler. So it made me wonder, since we are mostly all hardcore jeepsters here it seems, what is more important to you, off-road capability, or the open air lifestyle it provides?
Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Can't choose. I want it all.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like the option for both as well. I chose offroading b/c while I can live with a fixed roof I'm sure the aftermarket would come out with some removable doors. Here in Houston without some sort of shade the only time I can comfortably go topless is in the winter.

OP
OP

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, everybody wants both, of course! that is what makes this question tough. I guess I should have said as part of the open air lifestyle also having 4WD functionality, because you can get open air lifestyle with a mustang convertible too. Problem with a mustang convertible, as I can attest to, is you sometimes have to get towed out of your lawn after a light dusting of snow when you have a slightly sideways graded driveway.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Ford has publicly stated that the Bronco, while capable, will not have the off road stats of a Wrangler. They said approach and depature angles won't be as good, for starters.

As for the poll, the Wrangler has both, so why ask?

Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Offroad, I dislike convertibles

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
My Jeep is my primary ride and going off road = dust galore. So hating to wipe down my interior every Monday I keep the top on most of the time so off-roading gets the nod. BUT I still love the ability for open air when not on dusty trails.

OP
OP

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford has publicly stated that the Bronco, while capable, will not have the off road stats of a Wrangler. They said approach and depature angles won't be as good, for starters.

As for the poll, the Wrangler has both, so why ask?
no other reason than for my own personal curiosity, to be completely honest. Like I said, I had seen that person's message about the bronco potentially having the same offroad capabilities, which may or may not be true, but that the bronco would not appeal to me at all, because to me, it was not comparing apples to apples. So it made me wonder what makes people love their wrangler and want a wrangler more.

I enjoy people's comments on this forum, so given not much new leaks to come out recently, thought it would be interesting just to hear what people had to say.

so, I guess another way of saying it would be to ask, if jeep came out and said "we can improve offroading capabilities, but we will have to lose the open air feel" or if they said "we have to reduce offroading capabilities, but we can keep the open air feel", which would bother you more???

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, '22 XR
I ticked the offroad ability box even though I'll never use it. I'd buy a fixed roof Wrangler if I could.

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Can you link to this? (not being a jerk, but would love to read about that). Reason I ask is the last I saw was that it was being developed in Australia and they purchased some JKs to use for comparison testing.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
curious minds want to know.... why buy a 4x4 convertible offroad vehicle is you wont use those unique features?
I love offroading my Jeep, but I figure it's the same reason people buy sports cars and don't take them to the track. They look great even when standing still!
I received way more compliments on my Jeeps in parking lots then I did on the trails.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I picked offroad. While I like the convertible feature of my JKU I don't need it. I think I have taken the top off maybe 3 times in the 4 years I have owned it. Its one of the reasons I personally didn't care that much if the New Bronco has a hard top or just removable panels.

OP
OP

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
curious minds want to know.... why buy a 4x4 convertible offroad vehicle is you wont use those unique features?
I had planned to ask the same question, I was curious too.
Sponsored