Sponsored

What's in your Cargo Tub

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
Try shipping in a medium usps flat rate box for 14 bucks.
Already done....it is a very tight fit but it works. The website is only set up for UPS...so we have to do all USPS shipments manually. We adjusted the price to match the lower shipping rate and called it "free shipping". Since the post office is a 7 mile trip into town....your shipment may be delayed by up to a couple of days.

I assume everyone does have the option of free shipping instead of the $20 upgrade to UPS. People could just wait a couple extra days...

I like the pouch idea in the cargo tray. Definitely will help with everything rolling around in the back...

EDIT: Do you have the option of selling all three pouches in black instead of the 'First Aid' orange pouch?
Yeah....that seems like a popular request. I will put that option up on the website soon.

Doc
Sponsored

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
Already done....it is a very tight fit but it works. The website is only set up for UPS...so we have to do all USPS shipments manually. We adjusted the price to match the lower shipping rate and called it "free shipping". Since the post office is a 7 mile trip into town....your shipment may be delayed by up to a couple of days.

Doc

Not so sure how the only shipping every couple days thing will go over. People really do not like to wait nowadays. Your mailperson can pick up your packages for shipment. If the boxes are not very heavy, flat rate can be more costly than regular rate

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2024 JLU Willys 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
4 frisbees, a first aid kit, bug spray and the blister pack with the lug lock and stock lugs (cause I haven't bothered to take it out and find someplace to put it). :cwl::cwl::cwl:

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
Not so sure how the only shipping every couple days thing will go over. People really do not like to wait nowadays. Your mailperson can pick up your packages for shipment. If the boxes are not very heavy, flat rate can be more costly than regular rate
What you are referencing to is commonly known as "Amazon Prime" Syndrome. They have set a standard that even they cannot live up to....
In my experience, as long as the customer is notified in advance of potential delays....they really don't care.

Just to clarify....

Springtail already only ships on M,W, & F. This way we are not chasing our tail trying to get orders out when we busy making the product happen. These are the shipping policies that we have applied for over a decade now....yet customers still comment on how quickly their product comes. We must be doing something right, I guess.

Our USPS Mail person is about a reliable as a fart in a skillet. I have too much respect for my customers to rely on her picking up orders reliably

In this case, all the rates are pretty even for USPS and it is considerably cheaper than UPS.

Doc

OpsWest

First Name
Ops
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
How is this working out?
I would prefer to put the battery in the Engine bay once I have a dual battery kit. In the meantime everything functions, also added my fuse block into the area above the tray. That wood platform I added is great as a mounting point. I have sound deadening under the plywood so the compressor is quiet. Added a button and air port to the trim above the Jack storage area.

Now that I have a hi-lift jack, the area which help the OEM jack now holds air compressor accessories. Out of the way and works great so far.

Sponsored

phillipndavis

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Jeez. I keep forgetting that it's there ... so, nothing is in there.

Reactions: JC7

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Here's my typical load out...
  • Schrade axe/saw
  • Cheap machete
  • Frogg Togg poncho
  • fire starter
  • tow strap
  • zip ties
  • emergency blanket
  • Mechanix gloves
  • microfiber towels (2 or 3)
  • safety glasses
  • camp dishes/cups, collapsible
  • Multi tool
  • fuses
  • other miscelaneous stuff.

ChadR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
IT
A MOPAR cargo tub liner, jumper cables, touch up paint for body and hard top, metric sockets, a wrench, wheel chocks, a microfiber windshield cleaner/defogger, emergency cord, the pieces I took of the Sports Bar (or if you prefer, a Sports Bra) to attach the soft top when I took the hard top off, a Quadratec catalog.

(Satire)

Body (and I don't mean chasis) parts. A Leisure Suit, a key to a now demolished motel in Plano Texas, room 34B. It says drop the key in any mailbox, delivery guaranteed.

To where I don't know.;)
- Warn winch remotes
- Gloves
- Invisibrake (main control part)

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Lifestraw, paracord, Sog machette, Sog hatchet, US Army survival manual, zip ties, spare fuses, 2x 50rd boxes of 9mm ammo, Mechanix gloves, full size trash bag, small flashlight, spare batteries, and probably a few other small items.]

Udate on small items: Z-Auto locker sensor bypass cable, JL spare fuse block, box of Slim Jim minis, a For Fox's Sake Off-Road and Metalworks coozie, 12v plugs for refrigerators, Forever Wave American flag, paper towels, and winter hats.

It's amazing how much is in there!
Sponsored

Last edited: