Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Have a Merry Christmas and a Greater & Better New Year

Pic taken at 0730, 69 F, Port Charlotte FL

Jeep Wrangler JL What's in your backyard for Christmas IMG_5825.JPG
Took the long way around to rub it into us northerners that your weather is superior right now and ours sucks ass didnā€™t yaā€™?

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
Took the long way around to rub it into us northerners that your weather is superior right now and ours sucks ass didnā€™t yaā€™?
I'd take Michigan weather any day over the chance to being wiped off the map from hurricanes.

I find it slightly comical that Floridians talk a big game during the winter, but don't hesitate a minute to cry for help when those waves come in

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Ice. Everywhere.

And a cozy fire in the fireplace, spicy elk stew on the stove, and kids and grandkids inbound.

As long as everybody arrives safe and sound, I wouldnā€™t change a thing. For me, Christmas isnā€™t about palm treesā€¦. Itā€™s about pulling Californians in 4-wheel drives out of ditches and snowbanks. :LOL: :CWL:

Merry Christmas to all! ā˜ƒ

Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
I'd take Michigan weather any day over the chance to being wiped off the map from hurricanes.

I find it slightly comical that Floridians talk a big game during the winter, but don't hesitate a minute to cry for help when those waves come in
Hmmmm, my family moved to Florida in 1980 (from Michigan) when I was a baby. So in 42 years I've never evacuated for a Hurricane nor have we had any appreciable storm damage and I've always lived near the coast. The news always over dramatizes storm damage to make it look like the entire state got wiped off the face of the earth. My heart goes out to those who do lose their homes due to storm surge, but IMHO we shouldn't really be building residential homes on the barrier islands. My folks house in St. Pete was built in 1954 and it's never gotten significant damage in almost 70 years and they're a mile from the open water of Boca Ciega Bay.

Is there a chance that my home would get destroyed in a hurricane, yes. The chance is so small though. About receiving "help", the most important help we get is from other states power utilities to reconnect large quantities of customers back to the grid. I have a friend who works for FPL and they're already preparing to help out the rest of the country once the winter storm clears.

To keep on the topic of Jeeps, I bet my Jeep will have less rust on it in 10 years than yours will. :)

OP
OP
Old Jeeper

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
  • Banned
LOL, its no better than Tx...and if it was UP to me I would back on the ranch...

OP
OP
Old Jeeper

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Hmmmm, my family moved to Florida in 1980 (from Michigan) when I was a baby. So in 42 years I've never evacuated for a Hurricane nor have we had any appreciable storm damage and I've always lived near the coast. The news always over dramatizes storm damage to make it look like the entire state got wiped off the face of the earth. My heart goes out to those who do lose their homes due to storm surge, but IMHO we shouldn't really be building residential homes on the barrier islands. My folks house in St. Pete was built in 1954 and it's never gotten significant damage in almost 70 years and they're a mile from the open water of Boca Ciega Bay.

Is there a chance that my home would get destroyed in a hurricane, yes. The chance is so small though. About receiving "help", the most important help we get is from other states power utilities to reconnect large quantities of customers back to the grid. I have a friend who works for FPL and they're already preparing to help out the rest of the country once the winter storm clears.

To keep on the topic of Jeeps, I bet my Jeep will have less rust on it in 10 years than yours will. :)
I sat right here and watched Ican blow right thru and around me, tore some limbs out of my trees and belew one down, but that what it and we were right in the wind very little rain, just 140 mph winds...

Sponsored

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
The news always over dramatizes storm damage to make it look like the entire state got wiped off the face of the earth.
Not sure if the reltaives of these individuals would agree with the "over dramatize" comment:

Jeep Wrangler JL What's in your backyard for Christmas 1671847610750

It's possible, but I'm guessing you have more of a probability of it being underwater. ;)

Victory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 - 2 Door Base Sport MT w/ half doors

Unfortunately we have been almost too lucky here in St Pete. Itā€™s just a matter of time. We could have easily been Ft Myers but worse. Hopefully itā€™s still a long time away, Iā€™m right off Boca Ciega bay, but when that big storm comes almost all of us are going to be underwater in Pinellas whether you are on the water or not.

No Jeep yet to show off, mines still parked in Toledo.

Plus itā€™s in the 40s right nowā€¦ to me that might as well be a blizzard.

MesaAZGuy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Howabout Jeeps in the front yard? Phoenix, AZ (Mesa to be exact) and I won't rub in weather details other than it's nice and sunny. That said, being a former New Yorker 23 years ago, I miss the 4 seasons and the holidayish feel when the cool winds start to blow in October right through the real feeling of Christmas when it's bone chilling outside rain or snow. The sun is nice here but you never really are ever in the spirit. Never have been. The tradeoff is being able to do stuff most of the year except the summer months but even then, it's not so bad. We have been considering relocating to Tennessee or Kentucky on some land to build a barn for the bus as a home base. no friends or family there...

IMG_2761.jpg

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Not sure if the reltaives of these individuals would agree with the "over dramatize" comment:

1671847610750.png

It's possible, but I'm guessing you have more of a probability of it being underwater. ;)
I was in the 24 hour path of Ian boarding my folks up and finalizing their local evacuation plans then headed back to Melbourne to my family. I'm not going to speculate on how these people may have died, but sometimes adverse weather events make people do silly things. Lots of folks die in Michigan winters.

This is a picture right after I boarded my folks house up with them inside and two exit doors. My post is still Jeep related as my Jeep is in the picture. :) I miss the 'burg and can't wait to get back when I retire; maybe a place in Tennessee and a small place in Seminole, FL.

Jeep Wrangler JL What's in your backyard for Christmas 68599736293__E6D23170-028D-4F51-A6E2-CEDE84382300

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Is snow that white stuff on the ground in some peoples photos? High of 68Ā° today works for me

Jeep Wrangler JL What's in your backyard for Christmas 68599736293__E6D23170-028D-4F51-A6E2-CEDE84382300
šŸ¤£

Only people from out east say ā€œout westā€. šŸ˜ Visiting Arizona? šŸ˜
Sponsored