Sponsored

Whats going on with the diesel?

Raylan Givens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
My father is good friends with a engineer at GM. He says that sales are down, but profits are up. FCA must be following the same business model. ‘We can sell less by raising the price $8,000 or so per unit.’
Ford Super Duty trucks for $60-80K before modifications? They weren’t that much a few years ago.
This is almost off topic, sorry, just pointing to the pricing of a ED and how much Wranglers are now.
Prices have gone up, but there are also a ton of features that have been added. The Ford's have 360 degree cameras, ACC, blind spot detection, luxurious interiors, and others plus the increased price added with meeting emission requirements. Just looking at the previous iteration of Super Duty's the price is up by $10k but add a one to two thousand for each of these options and that accounts for the price. The base models have mostly remained the same price minus the yearly price increases.
Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
We are really loving our diesel Jeep!

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
I've read a lot about the bad track record of the diesel...but our 2014 GC Summit Diesel has just clicked over on the 80K mark, and it has been 100% problem free. The only thing that we had done was a software update to the Uconnect because it was freezing up when we first got it, and a recall on the axles, which were replaced at no charge during a routine oil change. The engine has been 110% problem free, without ANY issues. Now, will it last 500K like diesels of yesteryear? Who knows, but I can say that our ownership experience has been superb. On the other hand, while my 3.6 pentastar in my JKU has been reliable, I did have to have the oil filter housing replaced due to a design flaw, and my prior 2012 had the notorious head ticking issue which was super wide spread (Although I didn't own it long enough to have it affect me, traded it in for a 2014 at 23000 miles.)
I’ve 55k miles. There’s nothing wrong with the 3.0L Ecodiesel. But hey, if you’re listening to people who don’t have one, then buy a bike and never have engine issues.

Lgreen51

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I've had dealers tell me false information about order dates so I would buy current inventory. Why I no longer ask dealers anything.
Totally accurate! I even asked about availability of Yellow and Orange colors and was told they were not available. Now those colors are on the ground for sale.

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
On the timeline it said that August 6th was the start of 3.0l diesel production. Did it happen that anyone knows? Is it only going to be 4 doors? I have heard only 4 doors and I have heard 2 doors and 4 doors.

Sponsored

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
From reliable sources, diesels will be at best the 2019 CALENDAR year....so you wont hear anything about them until 2019

Nihkole

First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL 3.0 Diesel, 2000 Chevrolet Camaro
Sort of some hopeful news from Reddit today. Someone seems to think diesels will be able to be ordered by October!!!??
Sponsored