Sponsored

What's everyone's opinion on wheel spacers?

Magnetdragon

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu!!
I'm planning on running a 2-2.5 in lift with 35 inch tires. I was planning on keeping my stock when for a while until I find a good deal on wheels. I know stock wheels will rub on the mopar lift at full flex and wheels cranked, so I was considering getting some wheel spacers until I found a decent wheel that I want. People in my Jeep Club say that they've never had an issue and that it was good as long as you get a quality spacer. What's your guys' opinion on running wheel spacers for a year or two?

Screenshot_20180305-072810.png
Sponsored

dave.j.fisher

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I had them on my JK, never any issues, but Everytime I rotated them at discount tire, they complained about it...

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Is it possible to get 1" wheel spacers and if so do the lug bolts need to be shortened?

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I'm planning on running a 2-2.5 in lift with 35 inch tires. I was planning on keeping my stock when for a while until I find a good deal on wheels. I know stock wheels will rub on the mopar lift at full flex and wheels cranked, so I was considering getting some wheel spacers until I found a decent wheel that I want. People in my Jeep Club say that they've never had an issue and that it was good as long as you get a quality spacer. What's your guys' opinion on running wheel spacers for a year or two?

I would not compromise at all on spacer quality. I have always used Spidertrax spacers and never had any issues. Make sure which ever you pick are hub centric and have the correct wheel studs. Also the studs of the JL are a bit longer than the JK so that is why spidertrax has the 1.75 available.

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Why don’t you just turn out the steering stops a couple turns if you’re worried about it. You’ll never notice the difference and then you won’t have to run spacers. I’m running 37’s with that setup.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Why don’t you just turn out the steering stops a couple turns if you’re worried about it. You’ll never notice the difference and then you won’t have to run spacers. I’m running 37’s with that setup.
That’s interesting. I thought the rubbing was on the upper shock mount and that would hit on full stuff regardless of how much you are turning?

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
That’s interesting. I thought the rubbing was on the upper shock mount and that would hit on full stuff regardless of how much you are turning?
No it does not. Just have to fine tune it.

Berkfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK

I had Spidertrax on my JK for 60k miles. Properly torqued and never touched them again.
Sponsored