What's everyone running for road PSI's?

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep wrangler rubicon diesel
Hey!

So I thought I'd throw this question out into the ether. What's everyone running for road PSI's? I currently have been running mine at about 37-38psi as recommended spec according to the door placard. But I've heard people running it lower.
I find it's quite stiff however and I'm on-off road quite regularly, but don't want to air down daily when I go down a simple logging road then air back up (currently I don't have any on board air system...yet). So my question is, what do you all recommend for a good psi for a happy medium to soften the ride, but maintain fuel mileage.

Cheers all!
Sponsored

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
So many variable including weight of vehicle, Type of tires, Load range of tires on said vehicle, etc. The exact same tire on 2 radically different weighted vehicles might/will require different air pressures. Incorrect pressures will cause improper wear on the tires. As @Jeeper2 stated, do a chalk test to determine proper inflation for your SPECIFIC situation. With that said, I vary my PSI on the road depending on the conditions as well. For this last Midwest blizzard I aired down to 20PSI for my commute to/from work. These are my current tires with a load rating listed as "E" and they are 10 ply. https://tiresize.com/tires/Falken/Wildpeak-AT3W-325-65R18.htm

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Like others have stated, it all depends...On my Rubi 2-door (hardtop, 3.6 auto) I have a 2 inch lift, 17x8.5 wheels, heavy steel bumpers & winch plus skid plates and run my 315/70R17 KO2's (load range C) at 33PSI cold for street and 15-25PSI (depending on trail) off-road.
Do you have the stock KO2's on your diesel? If so, I would try 33PSI cold and fine tune from there...

OP
OP
Nick's Adventures
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep wrangler rubicon diesel
Like others have stated, it all depends...On my Rubi 2-door (hardtop, 3.6 auto) I have a 2 inch lift, 17x8.5 wheels, heavy steel bumpers & winch plus skid plates and run my 315/70R17 KO2's (load range C) at 33PSI cold for street and 15-25PSI (depending on trail) off-road.
Do you have the stock KO2's on your diesel? If so, I would try 33PSI cold and fine tune from there...
Ya I do, all stock so far. I'll give that a go for sure! Thanks! Someone mentioned a chalk test which I'm going to try, but it's full winter where I am. Not much good when the roads are all snow hahah

Thanks again, cheers!