Sponsored

What's different about our Gen 3 Ecodiesel?

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22'JLURD
Why upgrade the pump when you have half a million sitting in the warehouse. You obviously build the engine around the pump. Much more cost effective.

NewbJLUOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Diesel 2022
Vehicle Showcase
Nice video with one of the engineers explaining the differences between our ED and previous generations:

Thx for posting
My question is simple
Why does my specific Eco-Diesel, manufactured Jan 2022 not being recalled?
Is it because I have the Gen 3?
Same fuel pump right?

JL Diesel

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 JL Diesel Sport S
Thx for posting
My question is simple
Why does my specific Eco-Diesel, manufactured Jan 2022 not being recalled?
Is it because I have the Gen 3?
Same fuel pump right?
Same fuel pump. I think it’s just a numbers thing and there are too many to recall all at once. Give it some more time and I bet the ‘22s will start getting recalled. They should anyway…

Sponsored

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
Interesting. Seems like they upgraded everything but the engine block. Oh and the faulty fuel pump 🤦‍♂️
Don’t forget the lousy oil cooling .

greige

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 farout
I like the new low pressure EGR system taking the exhaust gases after the DPF so the gases are cleaner.

In my 2014 Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel, we just had to replace the intake at 107k miles due to the swirl valves being all gunked up. EGR tube looked real bad too.

I've since read the the GDE tune is also supposed to help with EGR usage and soot build-up. We have that tune on the WK2, but I guess too much around town driving, and too long running without the tune caught up to us.

Side note, during the replacement of the intake, the mechanic accidentally mismatched 2 sets of identical connectors which caused a no-start situation that was hard to figure out.

Edit: hoping I will be able to submit this repair under the emissions extended warranty...

Jeep Wrangler JL What's different about our Gen 3 Ecodiesel? IMG_20230923_121356

Jeep Wrangler JL What's different about our Gen 3 Ecodiesel? IMG_20230923_121354
Sponsored