Sponsored

What's Comparable to this Suspension - The one I was going to get is out of stock! Need Suggestions Please!

Watchtower02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Please help. I was going to get a BDS 2" Suspension with Upgraded 2.0 Fox Shocks, but am being told by my installer that it's on backorder for 4 weeks. Screen shot shows the components in the kit.

Is there a similar lift kit you would recommend for a 2019 JLU that's in the $1,250 price range?

For reference I am putting 35" tires on this set up.

I was thinking about the Mopar 2.5" lift, but read a lot about spring bend issues - not sure if that's resolved?

I am open to hearing what has worked well for others.

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 7.50.38 PM.png
Sponsored

EngenZerO

First Name
Ozzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab
I would check out the Dynatrac Endurosport Lift. It’s 2in lift and also comes with tuned fox shocks.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Slightly more money but check out the true dual from Metalcloak. It’s a much better (more complete) kit and address the caster and includes both track bars

Brett

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would check out the Dynatrac Endurosport Lift. It’s 2in lift and also comes with tuned fox shocks.
We’ve fixed that one. I wouldn’t recommend it unless you’re getting control arms. Can’t remeber if it had track bars or not. I didn’t (wouldn’t if asked) install it, just corrected the poor driving it had post lift.

Brett

EngenZerO

First Name
Ozzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab
We’ve fixed that one. I wouldn’t recommend it unless you’re getting control arms. Can’t remeber if it had track bars or not. I didn’t (wouldn’t if asked) install it, just corrected the poor driving it had post lift.

Brett
I added a SS Yeti Trackbar and some longer LCA.

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I added a SS Yeti Trackbar and some longer LCA.
That’s exactly why I don’t use it. You should not have to buy additional components to make the lift complete but they are sacrificing safety to hit a price point.

Even if it’s the best riding kit out there, I wouldn’t touch it and that drives me crazy! Adding some fixed length control arms like the mopar extended ones and even a track bar bracket wouldn’t add a significant amount to the price and would be a heck of an improvement to the product.

You bought good stuff with the track bar!

Brett

EngenZerO

First Name
Ozzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab
I hear ya. I really wanted the Metalcloak but the wife did not want that on our Moab. She dictated 2 inches or under and 33s. So I was debating between that and the ST1 lift from Teraflex. The dynatrac won at the end!

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the Mopar lift crap?
Have you heard anything about BDS lifts?
Short answer is yes.

More detailed answer is that they have some decent components but are missing huge pieces. These jeeps are extremely picky with caster. With the JKs they were much more forgiving. On the JL platform a small lift 2” can lower the caster to a place where they drive what I consider terrible. They will get very light and jerky in the wheel. The budget friendly option is fixed length lower control arms (mopar includes these) but neither lift is taking care of the track bars. That will leave your axles shifted over and not even.

I try to be a good steward of our customers money and much prefer to spend a little more and do things right once than have them come back and charge them to redo work. I feel so strongly about that to the point that I’ll only install Metalcloak and rock krawler lifts. They are expensive but everyone absolutely loves the ride and performance and when they leave I know they have an excellent product that is safe and meets their goals.

The Metalcloak true dual is around $1500 and has everything you need to do it right and down the road if you’d like to upgrade the rest of the control arms, that’s possible.

Brett

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Is the Mopar lift crap?
Have you heard anything about BDS lifts?
IMO, don’t go cheap when getting a lift, there’s a reason some kits are cheap. Whatever lift you go with make sure it has an adjustable front track bar, front adjustable lower control arms, not just longer fixed ones, and a rear track bar relocation bracket. I recommend these things even at 2” of lift.

Reason being, if you lift your rig and put on 35s or larger tires, and leave your factory TB, LCA in, they are going to wear out quicker and need replaced anyway. Besides the fact, that it’s not going to drive and handle as good as it can.
lm no expert , but I am experienced (old) and I’ve been working on and driving lifted rigs of all kinds, all my life, and for me , I know this to be true.

Sponsored

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
When I was shopping lifts I studied HARD. I spent hours sifting through reviews, watching videos, and trying to learn as much as I could about lifts and everything involved. What I learned is that you not only need to pay attention to what components are in the kit you also need to look at how well they are constructed (which reeeeeally is important! google search side by side lca comparisons). I bought my Jeep a year ago and didn't start buying lift parts until January. After all the research I did I had narrowed it down to three companies; Metalcloak, Clayton off-road, and Rock Krawler. I went with Metalcloak but put the kit together myself because I wanted to start with lower control arms, and made my own bump stops. The people at Metalclaok have been available and helpful all along the way and put up with my non-stop questions. (I'm a pain in the ass. I can admit it.)

So like others said, don't skimp on the lift, especially if you actually plan to go off road with it. I priced out everything I've done so far on my build thread if you're interested.