Sponsored

Whats coming in 2022?

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Well the topic is MY22 changes coming... I hope to see more in line with the Bronco as well. More bright colors, rubber floors, roof rack or factory attachment points, 35s, etc. All things I believe JL should have from the beginning.
I agree, rubber floors would be nice. I had rubber floors in my 1995 S-10 V6, and they were awesome. Nothing a little Dawn and a scrub brush couldn't make look like new.

I think the Bronco is a little too "modern" for my tastes. I don't know what I think of the electric transfer case, I kind of like the feel of the manual transfer case once I got used to it. A few little grindy shifts initially as the manual isn't really good on explaining how to shift the transfer case.
Sponsored

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
What am I missing? Why are people buying the Rubicon when they will never use the options or even go off Road. Just curious.
Wait, what? I bought a Rubicon and go off roading all the time..... What are you talking about?

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I agree, rubber floors would be nice. I had rubber floors in my 1995 S-10 V6, and they were awesome. Nothing a little Dawn and a scrub brush couldn't make look like new.

I think the Bronco is a little too "modern" for my tastes. I don't know what I think of the electric transfer case, I kind of like the feel of the manual transfer case once I got used to it. A few little grindy shifts initially as the manual isn't really good on explaining how to shift the transfer case.
I've seen the Armorlite floors in person and they are excellent. They should be stock.

Now, as to when can I order a set without my wife kicking my ass, open question.

Both Ford and Jeep also have a long history with the button activated transfer cases, I'm not sure there is much advantage to the mechanical action when there is so much other complexity in the system (FAD, electric lockers). People like to think Wranglers are some simple beasts, but they are still pretty bloody complicated.

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Chevy S10 ZR2 '12 JKUR '17 GC TH
That would be easy to add with the 4.10s on the Rubi. Take the standard Rubicon, put it on a 2" lift, put on 35's and call it the Rubicon Xtreme, retail it for 3K more than the standard Rubi.

Maybe they'll give us some gearing options from the factory. Unfortunately the 6MT seems to be in deprecation mode, the Bronco has a 7MT with a crawler gear. I wonder who is making the 7MT for the Bronco?
At one time you could get a base Rubicon JK, manual everything, half-doors and a soft top. It might have been called the Rubicon X. I'm hoping Jeep offers something similar on 35's.

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
Jesus Christ the amount of haters on this thread is ridiculous 😂 what do you care what people do with their money? Sounds like those open difs are a little frustrating 😂

Edit: if it weren’t for the normies buying up all these wranglers we all know there’s a chance they wouldn’t be around anymore.

Sponsored

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
I have a neighbor and some friends that have non off road wheels and tires that get swapped out before they go offroading. No way I would know otherwise.
Woah, thats very interesting. 🤔
After reading the 5 glorious pages on this thread, this attention-seeking one is one of me favorites.

"HEY GUYS, LOOK AT ME. I CAN BUY ANY JEEP WANT.....CASH!........but i'm a cheapskate so i got a bare bones one"
I think you totally missed the whole point of this statement. I completely agree the Rubicon is super capable and better than the Sport in every way, but some people want the simple and basic option. For me, all the electronic things were a turn off. Its more stuff to have trouble with later.

I love the manual locks/windows and 6 speed MT, and i can totally understand why others wouldn’t like it. Some people have a wife and kids and need to unlock doors quickly for groceries and such.

I would of deleted the push to start if i could as well, but I’m an odd one. Sorta an ol’ soul.

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
Jesus Christ the amount of haters on this thread is ridiculous 😂 what do you care what people do with their money? Sounds like those open difs are a little frustrating 😂

Edit: if it weren’t for the normies buying up all these wranglers we all know there’s a chance they wouldn’t be around anymore.
Nah, some of us just dont want to deal with all your electrical problems you’re about to have as the vehicle ages. 😱 You’ve seen the countless threads on Rubicon lockers failing, right? 😂

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
Nah, some of us just dont want to deal with all your electrical problems you’re about to have as the vehicle ages. 😱 You’ve seen the countless threads on Rubicon lockers failing, right? 😂
It’s not all rubicons and there is already multiple fixes for if it happens. Lol but nice try mr 5k

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
You know you can also not click on threads you don’t want to read right 😂😂 it’s a conscience effort to click and read 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
At one time you could get a base Rubicon JK, manual everything, half-doors and a soft top. It might have been called the Rubicon X. I'm hoping Jeep offers something similar on 35's.
I would totally go for this. I love the Rubicon but i plan on driving my Jeep till the motor dies and I don’t want the headache of figuring out electric problems later as the rest of the vehicle starts to die before the motor.

Sponsored

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
It’s not all rubicons and there is already multiple fixes for if it happens. Lol but nice try mr 5k
There’s fixes for the Uconnect apple car play, and the heated steering wheel as well? And all the other threads i see trending on this forum regarding people hitting electrical issues, Interesting 🤔 Just make sure the fuses are pushed in. 👍🏻

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
There’s fixes for the Uconnect apple car play, and the heated steering wheel as well? And all the other threads i see trending on this forum regarding people hitting electrical issues, Interesting 🤔 Just make sure the fuses are pushed in. 👍🏻
Pretty sure those options are available on other trims but okay 😂😂😂🤡

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
Pretty sure those options are available on other trims but okay 😂😂😂🤡
So? We’re talking about the Rubi and its known to have every option combined because its the cream of the crop.
I cant understand what your point even is.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
I wonder who is making the 7MT for the Bronco?
Google answered my question, it's made by Getrag, bummer as it would be nice if it was made by Aisin, so that Jeep could just bolt it onto the Wrangler if it had the same bolt pattern and spline. :)

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
So? We’re talking about the Rubi and its known to have every option combined because its the cream of the crop.
I cant understand what your point even is.
My rubicon doesn’t have heated anything and all trims have careplay available. You’re wrong
Sponsored