Whats coming in 2022?

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
I didn't look where you were...don't care. Just saying I see them all over the country cheap. You don't "need" the fenders, but here in MN I can't delete...so high fenders help.

White collar absolutely is miserable. But, the paycheck is nice.
I’ve never seen one under $100. But things are definitely changing and I didn’t actually search the market till a few weeks ago. I think the “overland” thing is trending so we’re seeing higher demand on 4x4 parts. If I could of found a fully loaded Rubicon Recon suspension kit for $100 or even free, hell I would of been all over that. But I definitely wasn’t just trying to go for a stock Rubi suspension. I wanted the extra heavy Rubi. All together I got roughly 2 inches lift, vs. the 1-1.5 inches I would of got with a stock.

Yeah it’s good money and not for everyone. Blue collar pays well too. Especially plumbing and electricians.
Sponsored

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
I've noticed this too it is weird I read a post once by Jeep sales guy that a lot of the sales guys don't know crap about the different models and push the Rubi as the top dog when probably a Sahara is really a better fit for what a lot of people want. I'm definitely one that values the hardware like D44 and lockers more than the techy or fancy stuff but I realize that's weird these days.
My dealer salesperson was great to try to help me get a basic Sport, but it was tough. He said that they never seem to sell as fast as the fully loaded Rubicons. The vast majority of people would do well with a Sport S (or one of the Sport variants), but people want the best. Same reason why an $80K Ram truck sells faster than a $50K one ...

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
If you use the same math as the JK, we should expect a mid-cycle refresh for the 2023 model, likely announced about this time next year. I think a full electric is a possibility, but more likely is some refreshed interiors, some subtle changes to the exterior and some added features, especially ones that Ford has made standard on the Bronco (such as LED lights).

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I don't think Wolf was talking about you and others who actually wheel but people who don't even know what the extra buttons do or what they bought.
Jringo77, you are correct.

Sponsored

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Yeah I totally get you. My only saving grace is I have the tools, a 2 post indoor commercial vehicle lift, and other vehicles I can daily drive. I’m not a mechanic or do work for others. But I can afford to have my Jeep in pieces on the lift for weeks if I need too. The labor is really where you’re paying all your money when it comes to most of these installs.

And totally agree! The Rubicons are awesome and super capable! One things for sure if I were to build a Jl Rubi from stock, I’d take the hood sticker off right away, I just think it’s tacky and I’m a simple man that doesn’t like the attention or looks.

Similar situation here. I have the tools and skills. Other than regearing, I don't have tools or skills for that. I am sort of funny. I will rip a toy down to nothing, but my DD gets paid oil changes. When I work on something, it's because I want to. I now could literally go without a daily driver for weeks...not covid caused, but I work from home. Gotta see what that does to life.

P.S. My hood sticker is sexy. It matches the high fenders
I’ve never seen one under $100. But things are definitely changing and I didn’t actually search the market till a few weeks ago. I think the “overland” thing is trending so we’re seeing higher demand on 4x4 parts. If I could of found a fully loaded Rubicon Recon suspension kit for $100 or even free, hell I would of been all over that. But I definitely wasn’t just trying to go for a stock Rubi suspension. I wanted the extra heavy Rubi. All together I got roughly 2 inches lift, vs. the 1-1.5 inches I would of got with a stock.

Yeah it’s good money and not for everyone. Blue collar pays well too. Especially plumbing and electricians.
I'd have given you mine...it's taking space in the garage. Could I get $200? Don't care.

Nothing wrong with electricians and turd chasers! I am actually trying to get my daughter to pursue HVAC.

OP
OP
Pig-Pen

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

what are the odds of them releasing a new color/s mid year?

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
P.S. My hood sticker is sexy. It matches the high fenders
When I hear high fender this is the first thing that comes to mind:

Jeep Wrangler JL Whats coming in 2022? 224C0ABB-D2F3-4832-A8E1-570B86E59D90

So sexy, but i’ve always been a fan of the more industrial looking Baja Jeeps. Would like to do this fender delete on the JL with a black plastidip. Only issue for most is the worry about dirt getting kicked up on the body paint and windows, but that’s the least of my worries.

I am actually trying to get my daughter to pursue HVAC
Definitely a great industry to get into. Seems like people in that field are not running out of jobs.. I think a lot of younger people are realizing that going to college doesn’t always mean a job in this day and age. Trade school can teach valuable skills and get your resume a second look, but on the job training is most important. Too many kids come out of the school and have no critical thinking skills, how to actually sweat and work hands on to solve a real world problem.

Yankee1019

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500 Crew Cab, 2023 JLU Reign Willys
what are the odds of them releasing a new color/s mid year?
This is a certainty IMO.... At least 3 colors were released mid MY21. Snazzberry, Chief, and Gecko. I think Maybe even Nacho was added. Heck, Gecko was just released this week and there is no guarantee that it will be available at the start of MY22.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Not ALL people want the best they can afford, just most people. I could have bought any Jeep I wanted, even a 392 Rubi, cash. I bought a 6MT Sport, only thing I didn't want was the steel wheels, so I put some Rubi takeoffs on within a month.
And so it begins.... might as well add the Rubi take-off suspension and 33s since they're going cheap too. Oh, and somebody wanted one-tons so a couple of D44s with lockers and 4.10 ratios just hit the market at a great price. Better raise those fenders too and put red tow hooks on it to complete the look. 😁 Yeah, I'm in the same boat but priced building up a Sport vs the Rubicon and I will actually drive it off road so I "treated" myself with the Rubi. I justified it by saving $4k after the tax rebate for the 4xe. YOLO. Enjoy!

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you know how to turn a wrench you can take a Sport and build it up to accomplish everything a Rubicon can do, and more. I bought my Sport for 35k and I’ve already put in Rubi Recon suspension that I paid $225 for. The most costly aspect would be the axle swap with lockers, but ironically you could actually swap in some axles that are stronger and better than the Rubi’s. But let’s be honest, who’s actually using the Rubicon to its limit? Most of us would do plenty fine with a Sport.

Honestly, Rubicon’s resell value has very little do with capability and customers knowledge of what they need for the wheelin’. A lot of people will see the sticker on the hood and buy it to be noticed or feel included. Brands know that humans are group oriented so they create brands and images to make you feel like you need something even if you don’t. I’m not saying everyone, there’s a lot of people that know exactly what their lockers do, and when to use everything the Rubicon has to be more efficient off-road.

But on the contrary, we also need to mention the large amount of people that drive Rubicon’s and never go off pavement, and also don’t Jeep wave at you. Yeah that’s right, I’m calling you out for not Jeep waving 😂
[/QUOTE]
I looked at that, but you're talking $15k for new axles. Even doing the work myself, a transformed Sport will cost more than a Rubicon unless you spend the next several years scouring the Internet looking for take-off parts. I'm a cheap guy, but in the end, I just couldn't get the numbers to prove that building up something reliable offroad could be done cheaper than buying the Rubi. You've got to look at all the little stuff that adds up like skid plates, transfer case, drive shafts, etc... I did, however, help my neighbor pick out a sweet Gladiator that is very capable and inexpensive. It's got D44s front and back and posi in the rear. The max tow package adds a little lift too. BUT.... you can't option out a Wranglers that way.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol! From Jeep? You’re joking right? I trust my install over the factory any day. Jeep doesn’t even follow the torque values they put in their manuals. 😂
I noticed that. The bolts holding my bumper on were extremely loose. I was a little nervous about spinning the inserts when I put the winch plate on, but they took it!
Sponsored