Whats coming in 2022?

JRINGO77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Lol! From Jeep? You’re joking right? I trust my install over the factory any day. Jeep doesn’t even follow the torque values they put in their manuals. 😂
Yes I definitely trust the vendors Jeep chose like New Process and Spicer more than Jonah from Washington. Nothing personal I'm sure you're a fine mechanic but I think you're wrong.
Sponsored

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
What am I missing? Why are people buying the Rubicon when they will never use the options or even go off Road. Just curious.
I can tell you why I did it even though light offroading is the most I'd ever do.

I like the look of the hood and higher flares on the Rubicon. Also I know I'd want larger tires so I wanted the stronger axle. If I'm being honest I also like the 'prestige' of having a Rubi.

On the JKs the Rubis and the other models looked more similar but on the JLs they did separate the appearance a bit between the Rubi and other models.

Had this been 5 years ago and I was getting a JK, I'd probably stick with a sport or Sahara since all the models of that era look similar (to me). But with the JLs, the distinction is more apparent (to me).

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
Yes I definitely trust the vendors Jeep chose like New Process and Spicer more than Jonah from Washington. Nothing personal I'm sure you're a fine mechanic but I think you're wrong.
Well then it’s great because I never offered to work on your Jeep. Lol! 😂 I would of charged you up the ass too. Lol sucker.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
“Suspension is free often”? Where do you live? Lol. Have you ever actually searched for used suspension? And Who said you need $600 flares? Jesus, I can already tell we’re on 2 different pages. That’s the problem with modern Jeeps and the rise of off-roading popularity, it’s become a money making business. Off-road companies selling metal and plastic for $600 lol. I’ll pass. And suckers buy it. All I need is 5k and I can build a sport to have axle swap, transfer case and suspension. And it’s fun and you have the pride of driving a machine you built up. That’s the perks of learning a trade and being blue collar and not a sucker.

High fenders allow for more tire with less lift. Math says this is good. Yea...Rubi suspension is between free and $100 all over. I know of two you could get for free right now. Put on your white collar and look ;)

$5K for axles, TC, and suspension? You are either full of shit, or haven't done the math. Let's say you got free junkyard D44s and have all the fab tools. Lockers alone are $2k. Add in gears for $500ish (assuming you can install). You need brackets. Disc brakes, dealing with the sensors, etc...If you really could do that, you should be using your skills to sell that package for $10K each in your own shop. You'd have a line at the door.

To be fair, I did a lot of what you are saying on my TJ. Thing is, 20 years later I have a lot more expendable cash. I get the difference because I lived both sides. You absolutely can not make a sport the equal to a rubicon for $5k. A sport is great, had one myself. Very capable. But not near as easy to do as you are saying.

Sponsored

Neos281

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Tech
i cant find anything online really stating what changes may be coming. Some sites day a V8 may be coming but from what they say they seem to be talking about the 392? Unless maybe they plan to put the 392 in all trim levels. I dont wantthat due to cost and mpg lol. Id love a basic hemi though, all day long. Is that even a remote possibility?
I'm patiently waiting for the 20th Anniversary Rubicon although that may not arrive until the end of 2022 for the '23 model year.

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
I did a lot of what you are saying on my TJ. Thing is, 20 years later I have a lot more expendable cash.
Yeah it’s not a cash issue. Just like the pride of doing things yourself, a lost art in consumerism America. Lol

But hey! Keep spending, it makes the economy better so the country needs you! Lol

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
i cant find anything online really stating what changes may be coming. Some sites day a V8 may be coming but from what they say they seem to be talking about the 392? Unless maybe they plan to put the 392 in all trim levels. I dont wantthat due to cost and mpg lol. Id love a basic hemi though, all day long. Is that even a remote possibility?
I hoping they move the 392 into other models, Willy's is what I want, in pumpkin.
If the dealer I talk too, still would give me list price for my Jeep, heck I'd walk for a couple of months, till it came in!

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
High fenders allow for more tire with less lift. Math says this is good. Yea...Rubi suspension is between free and $100 all over. I know of two you could get for free right now. Put on your white collar and look ;)
No way? Really? So I should pay $600 to have high plastic fenders? You know what else improves clearance? Just lifting the vehicle and taking off the fenders, just saying’. You can’t get free suspension where I’m located. I’m not in Washington btw. High demand her so you’re looking at $150-250 depending on what type of Rubicon it’s from. And I would never want to be white collar. Sounds miserable. 😂

JRINGO77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Well then it’s great because I never offered to work on your Jeep. Lol! 😂 I would of charged you up the ass too. Lol sucker.
I'm going to remember this for the rest of my life Jonah so when you open you're fake Rubi shop I'm going to go on Yelp and tell everyone you wanted to charge up my ass. Really need to work on your customer service skills before you do that though.

Sponsored

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
I'm going to remember this for the rest of my life Jonah so when you open you're fake Rubi shop I'm going to go on Yelp and tell everyone you wanted to charge up my ass. Really need to work on your customer service skills before you do that though.
Hahah you’re a riot. And you’re a Yelp user, that explains a lot. 😂 I would never open a shop, I’d hate dealing with unknowledgeable Jeep owners like yourself everyday. Coming in with stupid issues and stressing me out. “Can’t get my heated steering wheel working” lol. 😂

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Yeah it’s not a cash issue. Just like the pride of doing things yourself, a lost art in consumerism America. Lol

But hey! Keep spending, it makes the economy better so the country needs you! Lol

I'd be totally willing to take this to PM. I am NOT being antagonistic. I just remember how much my junkyard 8.8 was once I paid for all parts and the gears were done by a friend. I simply don't think you could do it, but I am damn interested in seeing if you can. If you really can, I have cash for when I go to tons and I'll pay you. My time is worth what it is to me, but getting a deal is also good over "bolt in" that isn't a perfect "bolt in" for me.

I get the "Look, I made this!" aspect...I loved it. I also love the "Look, I don't give a shit if I dropped $20K" aspect. Both absolutely have their place. Everyone is different. It doesn't mean throwing $5k at a sport will beat a stock rubi.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
No way? Really? So I should pay $600 to have high plastic fenders? You know what else improves clearance? Just lifting the vehicle and taking off the fenders, just saying’. You can’t get free suspension where I’m located. I’m not in Washington btw. High demand her so you’re looking at $150-250 depending on what type of Rubicon it’s from. And I would never want to be white collar. Sounds miserable. 😂

I didn't look where you were...don't care. Just saying I see them all over the country cheap. You don't "need" the fenders, but here in MN I can't delete...so high fenders help.

White collar absolutely is miserable. But, the paycheck is nice.

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
I'd be totally willing to take this to PM. I am NOT being antagonistic. I just remember how much my junkyard 8.8 was once I paid for all parts and the gears were done by a friend. I simply don't think you could do it, but I am damn interested in seeing if you can. If you really can, I have cash for when I go to tons and I'll pay you. My time is worth what it is to me, but getting a deal is also good over "bolt in" that isn't a perfect "bolt in" for me.

I get the "Look, I made this!" aspect...I loved it. I also love the "Look, I don't give a shit if I dropped $20K" aspect. Both absolutely have their place. Everyone is different. It doesn't mean throwing $5k at a sport will beat a stock rubi.
Yeah I totally get you. My only saving grace is I have the tools, a 2 post indoor commercial vehicle lift, and other vehicles I can daily drive. I’m not a mechanic or do work for others. But I can afford to have my Jeep in pieces on the lift for weeks if I need too. The labor is really where you’re paying all your money when it comes to most of these installs.

And totally agree! The Rubicons are awesome and super capable! One things for sure if I were to build a Jl Rubi from stock, I’d take the hood sticker off right away, I just think it’s tacky and I’m a simple man that doesn’t like the attention or looks.

JRINGO77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Hahah you’re a riot. And you’re a Yelp user, that explains a lot. 😂 I would never open a shop, I’d hate dealing with unknowledgeable Jeep owners like yourself everyday. Coming in with stupid issues and stressing me out. “Can’t get my heated steering wheel working” lol. 😂
You should change your name to "JONAHGETZMADIFYOUHAVEADIFFERENTOPINIONTHANHIM"
Sponsored