Whats coming in 2022?

JimmyR75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2014 JK ā€” Previous: 2004 TJ, 1994 YJ
One change I would have liked to see is a revamped freedom top. The current design is ok; but getting a little long in the tooth and could be improved. Basically, make it even more modular:
  • Removable side windows (like sky one touch)
  • Removable rear window (doable now, but not at all quick or convenient
Sponsored

Bubalooie

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ram longhorn 3500 2018 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
Pipeline Inspector
What am I missing? Why are people buying the Rubicon when they will never use the options or even go off Road. Just curious.
It's the cool factor, but you have to be somewhat cool to understand it, lol

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

One change I would have liked to see is a revamped freedom top. The current design is ok; but getting a little long in the tooth and could be improved. Basically, make it even more modular:
  • Removable side windows (like sky one touch)
  • Removable rear window (doable now, but not at all quick or convenient
Yeah, I'd like to see the freedom Panels be a bit smaller to take up less room in the back once removed.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I think Uconnect 5 will be in the 2022. There is a 8.4" Uconnect 5 in the Grand Cherokee L, so no reason they would not put it in the Wrangler

Magiaone

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F250
My wife just ordered a 21 Rubicon 4xe. Will she go off road. Pby not but she liked the hood, the wheels and tire set up. She has a 2109 loaded Sahara now. Comes in at $64, we get EP pricing @$59 less the $7500 and it's a good deal. Her commute is 8 miles each way so she will be in battery 100%.
I find it amusing when folks ask why buy a Rubicon when it never goes off road. Same as a raptor, Trx or srt. Because if you can, why not.

Sponsored

yotajeeper

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 1996 toyota4runner
No, it can't. I see you put a comparison post on. But you are forgetting all the extras the Rubi offers. A ton of interior extras (7" Uconnect, A/C, power windows/locks, a long list), auto sway bar disconnect, OFFRoad+ and OFFROAD Pages, etc.

The only time you can marginally make the case to start with a Sport is if you are going to go to 1T axles and an Atlas T/C. Even then it is marginal if you consider that Rubi take offs have decent value and Sport takeoffs have nearly zero valuel
For some of us it works out very well. Iā€™m one of them. It cost me 5600 to upgrade my Sahara to a rubicon. And I still havenā€™t sold my 2.7 to 1 t case yet. Lol
I got 1500 for my Dana 30-35 set. That was the true cost to get my 44 and the Rubi t case. As for the sway bar disconnect I donā€™t even run the front.
It took about a year but I did it. And for the price I bought the Sahara it was a steal of a deal especially in SoCal

38FBDF9C-6496-465B-821F-8B99207AF0E4.png

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
For some of us it works out very well. Iā€™m one of them. It cost me 5600 to upgrade my Sahara to a rubicon. And I still havenā€™t sold my 2.7 to 1 t case yet. Lol
I got 1500 for my Dana 30-35 set. That was the true cost to get my 44 and the Rubi t case. As for the sway bar disconnect I donā€™t even run the front.
It took about a year but I did it. And for the price I bought the Sahara it was a steal of a deal especially in SoCal

38FBDF9C-6496-465B-821F-8B99207AF0E4.png

Nice looking Jeep - I do like the concept of a "stealth Rubicon" in Sahara clothes.

But am I missing something on the economics? The difference in base price between Sahara and Rubicon is ~$3,500, you said you spend $5,600 and 1 year of your time to do it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Whats coming in 2022? 1621187503307

yotajeeper

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice looking Jeep - I do like the concept of a "stealth Rubicon" in Sahara clothes.

But am I missing something on the economics? The difference in base price between Sahara and Rubicon is ~$3,500, you said you spend $5,600 and 1 year of your time to do it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Whats coming in 2022? 1621187503307
In SoCal a red rubicon is 55k plus
And yes it has to be red

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
In SoCal a red rubicon is 55k plus
And yes it has to be red
I don't know....but out of curiosity I looked up the inventory of San Diego Jeep and they have lots of red Rubicons starting at $44K.

I think it is a myth that you can save any money starting with a Sahara and adding the Rubicon bits after the fact. I see the only advantage being the "stealth effect".

Sponsored

yotajeeper

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know....but out of curiosity I looked up the inventory of San Diego Jeep and they have lots of red Rubicons starting at $44K.

I think it is a myth that you can save any money starting with a Sahara and adding the Rubicon bits after the fact. I see the only advantage being the "stealth effect".
wow you weren lying thats the cheapest rubicon ive seen in a loooong time

yotajeeper

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I just checked for a friend lol thatā€™s a 2 door rubi for 44k. The cheapest colored rubicon is 51800.
my price was 33900 šŸ˜€

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I think my current decision is, if the 2022 has Uconnect 5 and Rhino (or similar) as a color, I'll order that as a Sahara.

If not, I'm going to start looking for a 2018 Rubicon in Rhino.

Based on my research (and depending on how much below invoice I can negotiate), a new Sahara will be around $46-47K (as configured for me) and I'm seeing 2018 Rubi's for ~$43-46K with 10-40K miles.

If I do the Rubi, I'd have to invest a little more to swap out the stock head unit with a newer Android Auto one, but I'd definitely get wireless AA that way, and I'd have the color I actually want. Plus I may get lucky on the used market with some of the mods already on (bumper, wheels/tires, lift, etc).

Am I crazy?

OP
OP
Pig-Pen

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

we've decided to wait to see what 2022 offers. only a few weeks away now. plus due to limited availability the discounting has dried up some but hopefully will be back. was looking at 4% under invoice about two weeks ago. now its 1% under. hopefully 2022 will bring some extra new goodies.

any chance the 10" screen would fit in a wrangler? we're looking a pacifica as well and those have 10" standard.