Sponsored

What's a good price for this 2019 Jeep Wrangler Sports S 4x4?

ma99ie

First Name
Maggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I've been planning on buying a Jeep Wrangler for a while, but unfortunately I don't know much about cars or negotiating at a dealership. I have been reading on this forum for a bit to gain more knowledge and I think it's best to ask you guys instead of me guessing. I have my eyes on a 2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S. There is one at a dealership near me base price at $28.045 with:
2.0–Liter I4 DOHC DI Turbo eTorque Engine at $1,000
8–Speed Automatic Transmission at $2,000
Customer Preferred Package 28S at $3,200
Technology Group at $995
Jeep® Active Safety Group at $995
Hard Top Headliner at $495
All–Weather Floor Mats at $150
Anti–Spin Differential Rear Axle at $595
Black Freedom Top® 3–Piece Hard Top at $1,195
With destination charge of $1,495 all totaling to $40,165 and that doesn't include the $379 of documentary fee, any other fees they might throw in and tax. I have plugged all of equipments and features in Edmunds and it gave me an Invoice value of $38,571 and True Market value of $37,327. What do you guys think the lowest price I could ask? Should I consider matching to the invoice or true market value? And what was the price you guys paid for a similar Jeep like this? Thank you!
Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I've been planning on buying a Jeep Wrangler for a while, but unfortunately I don't know much about cars or negotiating at a dealership. I have been reading on this forum for a bit to gain more knowledge and I think it's best to ask you guys instead of me guessing. I have my eyes on a 2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S. There is one at a dealership near me base price at $28.045 with:
Technology Group at $995
With destination charge of $1,495 all totaling to $40,165 and that doesn't include the $379 of documentary fee, any other fees they might throw in and tax. I have plugged all of equipments and features in Edmunds and it gave me an Invoice value of $38,571 and True Market value of $37,327. What do you guys think the lowest price I could ask? Should I consider matching to the invoice or true market value? And what was the price you guys paid for a similar Jeep like this? Thank you!
Tell that dealer you can order a 2020 at between 5 and 8% below invoice, which is absolutely true, and have it by the end of September. This can be done at dealers in CT (Fitzpatrick, in Ansonia) and MD (Criswell in Gaithersberg), as well as many around the Mid-Atlantic states. Being a Jersey dealer, he will refuse to believe you, tell you those deals are scams, bait and switch and the like. He is either misinformed or lying. If he refuses to go to at least $36,500 on a soon to be year old unit (the '20s are hitting lots as we speak), thank him for his time and walk.

If you're not in a hurry, email Mark Fitzpatrick at [email protected] at Fitzpatrick Jeep in CT, tell him exactly what you want, let him know if you're open to in-stock units or if you want to custom order, and let him know you're from the Forum. He'll do the rest. No haggle, no bs, no scams or con jobs.

If you want to go south, there are plenty of other options on the forum for that too. Every minute spent researching reputable deals/dealers on the forum is literally money in your pocket, so take your time, get educated and good luck.

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
misanthrope nailed it on nothing above $36,500. Plenty of dealerships that will go 10%+/- off sticker. If you find a Jeep you like make your offer at 10% below sticker- should be able to work out something close. I am in CA. and that’s what I did... I hit 3 dealerships until a got the Jeep I wanted at the price I felt was fare... Make sure to get the Jeep you want with color and features you want. No need to pay for something you don’t want and no need to get a Jeep that might be missing features you really want. Good luck.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
I was able to negotiate almost 14% off MSRP on a 19 Sport S Unlimited that stickered for just under $43K. I basically told them I would just order a 2020 from another dealer for 5% under invoice is they could not meet my price. They did and gave me full KBB value on my trade.

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Technology Group at $995
All of the above comments are spot on. The NJ dealers blow. All think they're sitting on one of a kind/hard to find jeeps. Best i was offered on a loaded Rubi was ~6% off MSRP. And they couldn't deliver.

Sponsored

Skullfreak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Jeep Sahara
Tell that dealer you can order a 2020 at between 5 and 8% below invoice, which is absolutely true, and have it by the end of September. This can be done at dealers in CT (Fitzpatrick, in Ansonia) and MD (Criswell in Gaithersberg), as well as many around the Mid-Atlantic states. Being a Jersey dealer, he will refuse to believe you, tell you those deals are scams, bait and switch and the like. He is either misinformed or lying. If he refuses to go to at least $36,500 on a soon to be year old unit (the '20s are hitting lots as we speak), thank him for his time and walk.

If you're not in a hurry, email Mark Fitzpatrick at [email protected] at Fitzpatrick Jeep in CT, tell him exactly what you want, let him know if you're open to in-stock units or if you want to custom order, and let him know you're from the Forum. He'll do the rest. No haggle, no bs, no scams or con jobs.

If you want to go south, there are plenty of other options on the forum for that too. Every minute spent researching reputable deals/dealers on the forum is literally money in your pocket, so take your time, get educated and good luck.
I just sent an email to the dealer above.
But Is there one closer to Michigan?

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Maggie, unfortunately you are in NJ.

You can get that jeep out of state for a better deal.
NJ dealers wont do anything but a few % off MSRP

Is that the jeep you want? with all those options?
call koons or one of the dealers out of state and get a price with those options and see if the NJ dealer will match it, if not tell them to have a nice day.

Don't pay above invoice just because NJ dealers suck.

it is sad that you can buy a plane ticket, buy a jeep, drive it back and still be well under what these thieves are trying to get for JLs

Look here, there is a thread with dealers and the % off they are giving.

Where in NJ are you? I will drive you to get one if you need a ride out of state

shutamouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Maggie, unfortunately you are in NJ.

You can get that jeep out of state for a better deal.
NJ dealers wont do anything but a few % off MSRP

Is that the jeep you want? with all those options?
call koons or one of the dealers out of state and get a price with those options and see if the NJ dealer will match it, if not tell them to have a nice day.

Don't pay above invoice just because NJ dealers suck.

it is sad that you can buy a plane ticket, buy a jeep, drive it back and still be well under what these thieves are trying to get for JLs

Look here, there is a thread with dealers and the % off they are giving.

Where in NJ are you? I will drive you to get one if you need a ride out of state
I support all the above comments. My advice:

1) Go to Jeep.com and build your ideal (within budget) Jeep.
2) Find the invoice (not msrp) of that Jeep, then multiply by 0.95
3) Decide: Would you rather the one you're looking at for their best price, or the one you've just built at the price you've calculated? I'm guessing the latter, but maybe not.

It's hard to lose saving some money and getting to pick the color, options, you want. You would have to pick it up: I drove from Maryland to NH, your drive would be considerably shorter.

There are lots of threads here on ordering from Fitzpatrick's, Criswell, Koons, etc.

Good Luck.

Last edited:

stiks511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
land rover discovery sport
misanthrope nailed it on nothing above $36,500. Plenty of dealerships that will go 10%+/- off sticker. If you find a Jeep you like make your offer at 10% below sticker- should be able to work out something close. I am in CA. and that’s what I did... I hit 3 dealerships until a got the Jeep I wanted at the price I felt was fare... Make sure to get the Jeep you want with color and features you want. No need to pay for something you don’t want and no need to get a Jeep that might be missing features you really want. Good luck.
Where CA did you go? And where’d you end up buying from?

SweetFish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited S
I just purchased a 2019 Unlimited Sport with a MSRP of $42,465 for $38,400 from a dealership in NJ. I was pushing for $2k lower on the price so they agreed to add it to my trade in. I’m new to the forums but from what I’m reading seems like a reasonable price.

wcjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ with stuff. JL 2dr Sport
I check Autotrader for pricing. Plug in the options you want. Expand the search radius.

One time I flew to the next state over to save $14k on my Dodge Diesel vs local dealership. I have no problem paying a little more to buy local. $14k savings was worth my one day of travel. I did have to pay my local taxes at purchase.
Sponsored